Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do your neighbours decorate their houses?

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I am the only one on my block who does any outside lighting. This will be my 3rd year, and it's just growing and growing. I have added a couple more blow molds, 2 more sets of icicle lights, a new walkway string, and new LED bush nets. I already have my plans for 2011...just need to save some more money!!

Some do.. nearly everyone puts candles in their windows and wreath on the door... after that, some really go all out and decorate roofs and windows, yards ect

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

Unfortunately for me, my neighbours don't decorate their houses like they should...I mean there's not much Christmas spirit on my street and for me that's a bit sad to see while I'm calling on my two sisters at least 3 days before to come and help me out with making my house look nice and jolly

:light:

We have the most lights in my neiborhood. I wish that there were more.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

When I was driving to the store last night, one of my neighbors had a lit plastic snowman on their lawn. My first decoration sighting of the season! I'm rigging up the lights on the carport this weekend!

Almost every neighbor puts up some lights!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by iluvdaholidays View Post
    When I was driving to the store last night, one of my neighbors had a lit plastic snowman on their lawn. My first decoration sighting of the season! I'm rigging up the lights on the carport this weekend!
    the sightings are starting! I haven't seen any yet but expect too in the next week or so... def by the weekend of 11/14

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Mine won't be LIT until Thanksgiving night (Nov.25th), but I'm hanging everything THIS weekend.

I love that my neighbors decorate to the extent that they do. We are on a dead end street at the end of a development - so we really just decorate for each other. We also live in a mainly Christian village but very near several towns that are predominatelty Jewish. Our county (Rockland) is about 30% Jewish. We have a very large Hasidic and Orthodox population - as well as Reformed. The Christians who live in those neighborhoods are outnumbered by about 1 house to every 50. Its funny because they must really want to be noticed, because they dec out their houses to the extreme at Christmas time~!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

A few of them do. Nothing too crazy though.