Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Do you listen to Christmas music all year long?

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    Vanilla Ice on Dancing On Ice proves that there is Xmas spirit in the air even when it aint Xmas. Let it snow even when it's hot enough to cook MCs like a pound of bacon

:santa:

When it gets really hot outside I miss Christmas so much, so I tend to turn on a little christmas music in the dead of summer, but I really start listening around the end of October.

Nope - Christmas is made more special by the fact it only comes once a year. I don't think I'd get the feeling that I do when I listen to Christmas music, if I listened to any time of year. It's part of my countdown. It is a homing beacon, a siren wailing at me that Christmas is on the way! The feelings I get are directly related to that anticipation, that magical buzz that I get with the close proximity of Christmas time.

ETA: This is with the exception of Tim Minchin's song, 'White Wine in the Sun'. This I play daily as it gets my babies to sleep. Haha :-)
    Last edited by Christmas_mama; 06-17-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    Nope - Christmas is made more special by the fact it only comes once a year. I don't think I'd get the feeling that I do when I listen to Christmas music, if I listened to any time of year. It's part of my countdown. It is a homing beacon, a siren wailing at me that Christmas is on the way! The feelings I get are directly related to that anticipation, that magical buzz that I get with the close proximity of Christmas time.

ETA: This is with the exception of Tim Minchin's song, 'White Wine in the Sun'. This I play daily as it gets my babies to sleep. Haha :-)
    In some parts of Aussie some people have a BBQ for Xmas dinner and lie in the sun more then they play in the snow lol!

I think, autumn, is the perfect time of year, to start listening to some Christmas music, dont you think???
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    I think, autumn, is the perfect time of year, to start listening to some Christmas music, dont you think???
    Indeed. But I found a Hallowe'en jukebox online that I like to listen to in the fall, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    indeed. But i found a hallowe'en jukebox online that i like to listen to in the fall, as well.
    love it!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Sneak a tune on Pandora every now and again.

i havent been rocking any christmas tunes for a while but i had my itunes on random the other week whilst cleaning and "white christmas" came on...such a classic tune and unexpected i got a bit tearfull !!

I am such a softie haha!
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

I keep Trans Siberian Orchestra on my ipod. I also have a few christmas channels loaded in Pandora on my android. I love my xmas music!