Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who decorates the tree?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by littlestar View Post
    My husband and I decorate the tree together - usually on the first weekend of December. Then we leave the room and go organize some nibbles and wine. Then we sit back and enjoy our snack while admiring our tree. It is an enjoyable time that I look forward to every year.
    Sounds very nice and cosy. Do you mind or prefer it that it's the middle of summer for you or you're just used to it?

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by TIATIA View Post
    Sounds very nice and cosy. Do you mind or prefer it that it's the middle of summer for you or you're just used to it?
    haha! I don't know any different. Christmas is hot. That's just how it is. I see snow and fireplaces in the movies, and I think it looks lovely ... but cold. I wonder if they mind Christmas being so cold?
    Merry Christmas to all - for all the year round. http://www.myvintagechristmasdecorations.net

:snow:

Quote Originally Posted by littlestar View Post
    haha! I don't know any different. Christmas is hot. That's just how it is. I see snow and fireplaces in the movies, and I think it looks lovely ... but cold. I wonder if they mind Christmas being so cold?
    For me the colder it is on Christmas the better.

Merry Snowy Christmas

My husband gets everything down from the attic for me the day after Thanksgiving then retreats to his den while I get to work. It takes about a week for me to do the whole house. He doesn't stay in the den the whole week but he tries not to get in my way! He loves the magic when everything is finished but he doesn't want to watch it happen.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Angeldog View Post
    My husband gets everything down from the attic for me the day after Thanksgiving then retreats to his den while I get to work. It takes about a week for me to do the whole house. He doesn't stay in the den the whole week but he tries not to get in my way! He loves the magic when everything is finished but he doesn't want to watch it happen.
    My husband's fine with watching me doing the decorating of the interior as long as that's all he has to do. That and putting up the tree top. As far as decorating the exterior, we do it together every year and we enjoy it.

Merry Snowy Christmas

We do the decorating together, apart from the bits tinkerbell2 cant reach...

Which I have to say is pretty much everywhere...

Merry Christmas to all...

Me and my 2 girls decorate the tree.oh is useless!!!
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

If I didn't put the tree up, it wouldn't get done and I would be the only one missing it.
    So I put it up for me. It's not my favorite thing to do, but I enjoy it when it's done!

I love putting up the tree. My son and I usually do it all in one day. We do it together and really take our time oohing and aahing over all the ornaments and decorations and reminsicing about Christmases past. Each year we buy a new oranment eac, so each one has a story and memory - I also have some from my childehood that have stories too. We always make a special day out of it. The rest of the house gets done over the days afterward, but the tree is always number one.