Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite Christmas Tree Ornaments?

:tree: What are your favorite Christmas Tree Ornaments?

Do you like classic or modern? Vintage, handmade, themed or not? Colorful or simple? Angel tree tops or stars? White lights or multi-colored ones? Please share and

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

More classic than modern, no theme, very colorful, alittle bit of everything, white lights (highlights the ornaments better) and an angel topper. Also, I add a white tree skirt, silver beads, white garland and hundreds of ornaments. I love my tree!

vintage glass bulbs, I can't have too many of em

Classic. Red bows, wooden ornaments, some painted balls.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

I have two themed trees - one snowman and one Santa .

I liked theme trees whether it has a main color or if it has a character theme, but I do prefer traditional characters -- not so much the non-Christmas themed trees...

With me its all for the kids in the kitchen, candyland come woodland.

Livingroom is the frosted glass look, the hall and landing are colour coded

but I change the colours, red,gold,brown and cream are just a few colours at the moment..

I prefer lots of sparkly/glittery glass bulbs of many colors, clear mini lights (although sometimes I add a little bit of multi-colored). I use the almost clear, but pearlescent beads for garland and clear, glittery glass and/or plastic icicles. I also use smallish winter white colored bows. And I have various birds; cardinals, doves, etc.... I like to see lights and ornaments throughout the tree, and not just on the outside tips of the tree. Last year I put both clear and multicolored lights on the tree and set it up so that we could have all clear, or all multi-colored or both if we wanted. And I have a couple of Christmas light dimmers that I plugged all the lights into, so I had 4 levels of dimness to choose from. It was so cool.

My family room tree I usually decorate with things that I have collected over the years. I did try to do a theme tree one year but it didn't seem right as it seemed like I left my old friends in the garage that year.

I do have a skinner tree that I put up in the living room and that I try to change every few years as I usually do a theme in there.

My other decorations I try to mix up to get a different look every year.

:tree:

I really like a full tree. Every year I buy some new ornaments to add. My favorite ones are Santas and Angels and Christmas cookies that look handmade and have a vintage kind of look. I also have baubles, burgundy and gold, some wooden handmade Santas made for me by a friend, and lots of white lights.
    Last edited by SilverBells; 09-08-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by TIATIA View Post
    I really like a full tree. Every year I buy some new ornaments to add. My favorite ones are Santas and Angels and Christmas cookies that look handmade and have a vintage kind of look. I also have baubles, burgundy and gold, some wooden handmade Santas made for me by a friend, and lots of white lights.
    I can't wait to see pictures
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com