Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: this years xmas

My grandmother used to have the exact same tree, Holiday Mom, but I don't know whatever happened to it. I loved that thing as a kid.

I lost my Christmas mojo a couple of years ago when some family members laughed at my lame Christmas tree. But this year I think I'm getting my groove back. To heck with the others! I'm decorating this year and I don't care what they think. I'm excited about Christmas already.
    Merry Christmas to all - for all the year round. http://www.myvintagechristmasdecorations.net

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by littlestar View Post
    I lost my Christmas mojo a couple of years ago when some family members laughed at my lame Christmas tree. But this year I think I'm getting my groove back. To heck with the others! I'm decorating this year and I don't care what they think. I'm excited about Christmas already.
    Good for you Littlestar. I'm also excited about Christmas and I'm loving it.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by littlestar View Post
    Do you have a real tree? I'm sure your tree will be just great.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Well, this will be the 20th Christmas in my house so things are pretty routine by now! I always start decorating the day after Thanksgiving and finish by the first weekend in December. Usually the outside lights go up first. It's good to get this done because the weather can turn bad at any time. Next, I set up the village. That is very time consuming and takes a full day. People are always amazed by the results. Then I set aside a day for general decorating including the small white tree in the den. I always have to pack away my everyday decorations to make room first. Lastly, I set up the main tree in the living room front window. Can't wait!

that sounds amazing . i have to buy more stuff to catch up.

I have so much stuff now that I barely have room to store it. I always say that I'm not going to put everything up, but I always end up with everything! When people walk in they think they're at Santa's workshop!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday Mom View Post
    What I'm really excited for is a ceramic tree I was given last year. In the 60s and 70s housewives made these ceramic Christmas trees as crafts. They have little holes in them for coloured glass or plastic (sometimes shapes like birds, or stars, or bulbs) and there's a hole for a light bulb in the bottom, when you turn it on all the glass/plastic lights up. My grandmother and my step mother both had them when I was growing up and I have fond memories of playing with the glass bits (although i did get into a lot of trouble for it). When my grandmother passed away I was supposed to get hers, but no one could ever find it. Last year, a friend of my aunt's found her mothers and remembering how much I had wanted one, gave it to me. I didn't have an opportunity to use it last year, so I can't wait to get it out this year.

This isn't mine, but here's a pic for reference:

Attachment 1777
    I totally remember those too - my aunt had one, in the 80s!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I remember those ceramic trees too. My family didn't have one, but several friends and neighbors had them, and I even had a couple of teachers who brought the in to decorate the classrooms.

Hi everyone!

Well we just moved house last month so it will be our first xmas in our new flat, its already feeling very homely and cosy here though so I'm sure we can make it lovely and xmasy!
    Its pretty small though so we can't go too crazy on the decorations!also living in busy london there isn't much room to put decorations outside! We always get a real xmas tree though. no compromise! I love the smell of them and thats a great feeling to come home to when you come in from the cold and you see your REAL xmas tree all lit up and smelling like pure christmas!!!