Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gift Cards - Acceptable or a cop out?

mysterymaiden Guest

Gift Cards - Acceptable or a cop out?

Hey all! What are your opinions on Gift Cards - are they an acceptable present, or a bit of a cop out?

I love gift cards! In addition to other gifts I ask for, my boyfriend and I always ask for gift cards to places we shop often-BJs, Walmart, Stop and Shop. I dont think theres anything wrong with giving gift cards as long as you know they love to shop there, or if they ask for one.
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Not a cop out. People would rather use a gift card to buy something they want than to have to return something they don't!

:gift:

Last Christmas I sent to my brother in-law, who lives in the US, a golf gift card and he was very happy about it. He got what he wanted and I was happy for him. When you care but you are not sure what to get, it shows consideration, not an easy way out.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I love gift cards and I think they are better than just giving money...this way you show them that you know where they like to shop even if you are not sure what to buy...that way you know they will like what they get...gift cards are great!
    Last edited by HollyJolly; 07-21-2010 at 12:39 AM.

mysterymaiden Guest
    I LOOOOOOVE gift cards. My family thinks they're cop outs though. I think they're a double gift - first the gift the person gets, but also the exciting experience of picking something you want out and not having to pay for it yourself!

YES - in favor of gift cards. Easy to mail, fun to get, and can be a thoughtful gift IF you consider the needs and shoppes in the area of the recipient. My in-laws send restaurant cards from places in their area, but we don't have that restaurant chain anywhere near us - that gets complicated... I think restaurant cards are nice - its a nice gift to be given a night out.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by mysterymaiden View Post
    I LOOOOOOVE gift cards. I think they're a double gift - first the gift the person gets, but also the exciting experience of picking something you want out and not having to pay for it yourself!
    I so agree with you

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Lots of people think they are not thoughtful gifts because your not actually picking the gift yourself, but personally, I LOVE GIFT CARDS !! I actually wished more people would get me those so I can choose what I want from the store/mall myself. I'm eyeing soo many things right now !! =[ haha

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I call it a "safe bet". Always good for someone who you are having a tough time with.