Thread: Need Gifts for Grandmother overseas, friend's newborn

Need Gifts for Grandmother overseas, friend's newborn

I'd like to send my grandma a little package. Last year, she sent me a package filled with so many wonderful little goodies. She's so good at that sort of stuff. I wanted to send her something last year but didn't know what.

Please help! It's going overseas.

Also, my friend had a baby boy earlier this year and I'd like to get him something.

Thanks for your ideas!

Holiday Single Girl - a blog for singles who love Christmas
    http://holidaysinglegirl.blogspot.com

Candles, specialty food stuff, herbal teas, a blanket wrap, a best-seller...
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Well, for the baby there's something called My Pillow Pets that are extremely popular. They're very soft plush pillow/animals that come in unicorn, turtle and others. They're selling fast from what I read but you can buy them online at Amazon and places like that.

For grandma, if she's a tea drinker there are gift sets that come with gourmet tea bags or loose tea, a nice teacup and some biscuits. Peets.com and Starbucks have had them in years past or you can just Google around.

A nice throw would be good also and I saw a site a few years ago that personalized them for just a few dollars. Can't remember where though. I want to say Macy's but could be wrong.

Or you could give her a nice picture of you (maybe professionally done) in a pretty frame.

thanks for the suggestions. She's not really a tea drinker but maybe I can find a cute gourmet coffee set or something to send her. She doesn't speak English so I can't send her a book.

I like the idea for the baby.

Pillow pets are great. We bought my daughter one and she will not give it up... has to sleep with it every night
    For the Birds

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Funny...my son has a pillow pet, and it went over like a fart in church. My advice: If it's their first child, send them a Target gift card. Believe me, they will appreciate it more than you know.

I think for the new born you should get them a nice comfy baby blanket with his birthday and name engraved in it or what minnesotamike said a gift card would be really nice because newborns grow really fast so its hard to pick out a gift for them.

For your grandma, i would get a nice cozy sweater for the cold winter !! or a necklace.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Only problem with a baby blanket is they end up with about 20 blankets. At least WE did. With about 2-3 exceptions, they went in the next garage sale.

I like the gift card for the baby and sweater for my grandma ideas. I want to avoid Black Friday like the plague, so I'll try to go shopping tomorrow or Wednesday, yikes.