Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stocking Stuffer Ideas!!!

For me Stockings have all the normal stuff like you guys mentioned minus the Candy -- we aren't really candy eaters. Normally the stocking will be chock full of little things and then one "Big" little gift, Perfume or Cologne, Jewelry or a Watch .. something small enough to fit in a stocking.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Yes - my husband does that also with the stocking. Little things then one big little thing!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

My wife fills my stocking with beef jerky--different flavors and brands. I love that. When I was a kid, my dad would give me gift certificates (we didn't have gift cards back then!) to Burger King or McDonald's and a "movie pass" which was good for one ticket, soda and popcorn. I loved it because I enjoyed going to the movies alone when I was a kid to see movies that my friends and family weren't interested in.

We try not to give our son too much candy, so we load his stockings with small toys (one year we packed about a dozen Beanie Babies) and some of his favorite candy like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Hershey mini bars).

Growing up my mother would always put things like watches or jewelry in the stockings. I do the same for my children. I try to get the stocking gifts fun but inexpensive.

www.bestchristmasgiftsfordad.net

:gingerbread:

I think I'll something different this year than just candy

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Our stocking stuffers are always cheap stuff. Wife and I usually load up on stuff from the travel size aisle in Target. Stuff like powder, wipes, little toothpastes, chap stick, etc... For the boys, it's small toys from the "cheap" aisle at places like Walgreen's. Occasionally, an expensive gift will find it's way in, but it's not the norm.

Used to work at a Walgreen's And I was in charge of the tree decorating every Christmas for the four years I worked there. Gosh, that was so long ago.

Merry Snowy Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    The one by my house doesn't display any trees. You just have to look at the boxes.

:tree:

Maybe that's their policy everywhere now. I worked there in 1992 thru 1995. We'd decorate two or three and sell them as they where on Christmas Eve. That was a funny sight to see people carry them as they were to their pick-ups. Talk about last minute decorating

Merry Snowy Christmas

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    The only things I can think of that haven't been mentioned yet are magazines, little horoscope books and naturally a candy cane. I've also been known to put in some handkerchiefs or funny boxer shorts.