Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: how many of you have started shopping?

nchantin Guest

I have!

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums... I began my Christmas shopping a few months ago and was able to take advantage of some wonderful sales! The rising costs of gasoline and utilities and the economy has forced us to cut a few corners so, this year we're thinking practical gifts, as well as a few little luxuries, when it comes to gift-giving.

To date, I've shopped for my dear daughter and her hubby --- mostly home decor items as they're changing their dining room decor into a wine themed decor. Since this trend has been around for a while, its been easy to find some beautiful items for them to enjoy. I'm still on the lookout for the "just right" style of wine rack!

For my growing 2 1/2 yr. old grand-daughter, I purchased a complete twin bed set with Comforter, sheets, dust ruffle {took advantage of Linens-n-Things Going out of business sale} and then I found a co-ordinating pillow in another store. DGD is still sleeping in her converted toddler bed style crib, but sometime over the course of the next year, I'm certain this will change. I've also found some toile cover fabric boxes and some sock organizers for her dresser drawers.

Shopping for our parents is the hardest part... we never know what they need, desire, and already have, so shopping for them is my hardest chore.

I scrapbook, rubberstamp, and create books by hand so I'm certain I'll enjoy creating a few cards, gift tags, and handmade scrapbooks for those who enjoy a handmade gift.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Sounds like you've got a nice start. By the way, I love reading your English words like "bits and bobs." I have a friend who lives over in Lancaster and I love hearing him talk about Crimbo.
    Hahaha thanks, I get that a lot about the English thing. As for Crimbo, my family never really took to calling it that, although this year, we've picked up the habit of "Crimbles". I'd never even heard "Crimbles" before now. :P

nchantin; Ah, I love making things too! I handmake a lot because I'm often at home due to my illness. I handmake a lot for my fiancee. He usually appreciates it because he knows how hard I work on it... This year, I'm going to sew him something.
    Last edited by Daisy; 10-01-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nchantin View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums... I began my Christmas shopping a few months ago and was able to take advantage of some wonderful sales! The rising costs of gasoline and utilities and the economy has forced us to cut a few corners so, this year we're thinking practical gifts, as well as a few little luxuries, when it comes to gift-giving.

To date, I've shopped for my dear daughter and her hubby --- mostly home decor items as they're changing their dining room decor into a wine themed decor. Since this trend has been around for a while, its been easy to find some beautiful items for them to enjoy. I'm still on the lookout for the "just right" style of wine rack!

For my growing 2 1/2 yr. old grand-daughter, I purchased a complete twin bed set with Comforter, sheets, dust ruffle {took advantage of Linens-n-Things Going out of business sale} and then I found a co-ordinating pillow in another store. DGD is still sleeping in her converted toddler bed style crib, but sometime over the course of the next year, I'm certain this will change. I've also found some toile cover fabric boxes and some sock organizers for her dresser drawers.

Shopping for our parents is the hardest part... we never know what they need, desire, and already have, so shopping for them is my hardest chore.

I scrapbook, rubberstamp, and create books by hand so I'm certain I'll enjoy creating a few cards, gift tags, and handmade scrapbooks for those who enjoy a handmade gift.

Cathy
    Hi Cathy!

And welcome to the forums! It sounds like you're doing the right thing...shopping early and giving practical gifts. I can completely relate to that with the state of our economy and gas crisis. Good luck with the rest of your shopping! Hope to see you around the forums more.

~Bob
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Hahaha thanks, I get that a lot about the English thing. As for Crimbo, my family never really took to calling it that, although this year, we've picked up the habit of "Crimbles". I'd never even heard "Crimbles" before now. :P
    Glad you don't mind my comments on the "English thing." I've never heard of Crimbles either, but it may catch on!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I started early

I started shopping for christmas the day after last christmas

I haven't started yet, but I'll need to soon. I like to get it all done by the end of November at the latest.

i havn't start it yet too , but Soon i gonna start it ...Hope i will get Some Good Stuff for my childrens ...

Usually I am always starting with preparations for Christmas so that I get into a bit of a hurry in the end (I am not a last minute shopper tough), but this year I think that I have got at least most gifts for my beloved already in my head and several of them already in one of my closets.

I always envy people like you nchantin who start with their shopping and Christmas so early. I always try to but fail miserably every year. It is a great thing that you have found some additional things to compliment your daughter's fine wine theme decor. I bet she will love her Christmas present. presents

rudolphreindeer Guest

:santa: All Done Shopping!!! :)

I'm in Pa. My Christmas gift list is very small (about 7 people).
    So I easily completed all my christmas buying very quickly
    without any headaches.

Happy Holidays To All of You,

I am still working on my lists. I am about half done so far

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ