Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you save for Christmas?

:tree: How do you save for Christmas?

Good Morning everyone!
    I recently joined this site and LOVE it! My question to everyone is: How do you save up the money for Christmas? How much do you usually spend? The past few years Ive paid with a combination of cash/credit, but this year Im going to try and have a CASH only Christmas! I have been stashing away about $20/wk in a 'christmas envelope' in my safe. I figure this year I will have about $700 max for gifts and what not. The people I have to buy for are:
    Mom
    Dad
    3 younger siblings (ages 20, 18, and 16)
    boyfriend of 4 years
    2 cats 1 dog
    my boyfriends family also does a 'grab gift' of $25 max.

How do you save money? Feel free to share your tips!

Only 7 and a half months til Christmas!!!

Katie

For years I did a $20 a week Christmas club at the bank. That gave me a thousand dollars for Christmas at a time when I was spending about $2000 for approx 32 people. Now we have stopped buying gifts for nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters (and spouses), and work. Now I just buy for Mom, Mom-in-law, husband and two daughters!

I buy gifts throughout the year as I see them. Don't use credit cards at all anymore!

I don't specifically save for Christmas though I put money into a savings account each month, come November or so if I need some cash its there....waiting for me to spend.

When I was a kid I recall my parents having whats called a Christmas Club account, the bank would take out a specific amount each week from their paycheck deposit and put in a special account for Christmas. In November the bank would send you a check for the amount that was in that account. It worked for me I got some great presents!

I do similar - we have a seperate Christmas account that I send money over to each month.
    If I see anything throughout the year I can pick it up with money thats already there.

:gift:

I start saving up a few months before Christmas. Last year I spent around 850 Euros. I never use credit cards.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Last year i spent around 200 - 300 €. I do not buy a lot of clothes for me or something else. So i have enough money for buying Christmas presents.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kam1187 View Post

How do you save money?

Katie
    I have never heard of the word SAVE....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I actually save all the dollar bills I get back from change when I make a purchase. You would be surprised how much it will add up to. I also buy things throughout the year that I know would be a great small gift or stocking stuffer.

Christmas Hampers Guest

Saving for Christmas

We make regular deposits into our "special" account so we always have some cash laying around. But yeah, it is always a stretch.

:gift:

I think I'll have a hard time saving money this year so I already started Christmas shopping a little bit. You know one Christmas present at a time.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World