Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Christmas decorations that make you say "Bah Humbug!"

Despise the upside down trees!

I can't stand the upside down trees and the non-Christmas decorations too.

I have to admit though that in my downstairs powder room I usually have a small pink feather tree and a pink rose wreath and a few other pink decorations, but in my defence the bathroom in painted choclate brown, and the light pink looks lovely. Plus my main tree is classic and traditional.

I agree with the upside down tree. I also semi agree with the non themed decorations. If it were up to me, everything would be Christmas themed but my grand mother and now mother, have always gotten ornaments for my and my brother for Christmas relating to something we were involved in that year. Last year I started working for the Disney company and so I got a Disney decoration.

"It isn't the holly, it isn't the snow. It isn't the tree, not the firelight's glow. It's the warmth that comes to the hearts of men then the Christmas spirit returns again." - Unknown

Well, I do not also like that Christmas display...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

A bit too overloaded!

Sometimes less is more.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    A bit too overloaded!

Sometimes less is more.
    Perfectly agree with you..

I do not like that, either...
    Last edited by olga; 07-28-2011 at 01:21 AM.

I do not know, if the following really makes me say Bah. Humbug... I think, it doesnt.
    I just find it very funny.. To be honest, I could never hang a sandwich ornament on my tree..

Oh Dear!
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJolly View Post
    Hey guys! I know on several of the posts, we talk about some of our favorite Christmas decorations and pass out suggestions and ideas, but I was just wondering if there were any Christmas decorations that when you see them you roll your eyes or even cringe???

Please share!
    I personally don't like LED lights. I know that they're energy saving, but I have a huge issue with the shade of blue in the multi-colored lights -- it looks really dark. With the white, I think it looks like a baby blue and it's one thing to be on a reindeer in the yard, but when I see an entire tree covered in it - or a house - it looks like TRON. I've recently discovered the "warm white" LED and I like that better. It's still a little yellowish, but I think it looks more like clear mini lights than the "cool white" TRON kind.

I also don't like themed trees in blue/purple or pink...anything in non-XMAS colors (unless it's a department store or like Victoria's Secret where they want the tree to match the store). I don't want to offend anyone, but I just think -- if they don't mass-produce Halloween decorations into baby blue and hot pink pumpkins and witches, why change Christmas colors to it? I feel the same way in regards to upside-down trees. Target is huge on using lime green -- sometimes it works but when it's lime green, candy apple red and prints of triangles with a star on them...I feel like they're trying to change the whole look from festive Christmas into the Jetsons Christmas lol.

Once again, not trying to offend because some of the things I see do look nice even if I don't prefer them. I'm just throwing my two cents in. I also probably wouldn't feel that strongly if I didn't see MORE of the modernized/rainbow decorations than I do of the "classic/vintage" decorations.

I'd also love more of a variety of outdoor decorations than LOWE'S trying to ambush me with air blow ups.

If I'm honest, I absolutely can not stand BLUE lights. I know many people love them but I just can't stand them. They do make me cringe! The village I grew up in had the bright idea that all the shops and businesses could do festive decorations together - they put blue bulbs and blue icicles outside each and every local shop and business! They now do it every year. It looks so cheap and tacky! I hate the blue glow that that village has at Christmas time now and every time we go over there to visit my mum, I have to roll my eyes! I'm glad I moved away because every year it made me a little mad when they put them up!