Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Natural or artificial tree?

Quote Originally Posted by dees473 View Post
    I bought the 7.5' noble tree. It is perfect for me. I have open it up and the branches are sturdy enough for the bigger ornaments.
    http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/Tr...e-Fir-Tree.htm
    Great tree but very expensive.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

artificial for me,we brought a new 8ft one in the january sales here in the uk from £100 to £40 si it was a decent deal.

I wonder why so many people have a fake tree ?
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

Well, I think artificial are just easier...you can put them up earlier, you don't have to worry about watering them, they don't shed (a lot) and you can do more with it, I think. Also, you can spend as much as you want on an artificial tree, but you can use it for years and years, if you want...better value and just plain easier....

Christmas Hampers Guest

Definitely Artificial - but organic

My wife has bought us an artificial tree, made with organic "leaves" and recycled stem.

It is such a talking point, and has featured in our hamper promotions.

Years ago when my husband and I began working different shifts it became very difficult to find enough time to select a tree and decorate it together. Since I am the main "Christmas Elf" we decided an artificial tree would let me get started on things when I could without help. We purchased a beautiful 6 ft blue spruce which we still use on a small table in our living room. We have since added a 7 ft slimline pine for our foyer, and a 2 ft blue spruce "seedling" for the guest bedroom. Last year I found a 4 ft half tree that can be hung on a wall(not one of those upside down ones!) I'm going to hang it above my small lighted village on the credenza at the end of our upstairs hall. I couldn't possibly afford that many real trees every year. Artificial trees let me indulge myself in a tree decorating frenzy--which I look forward to all year!

There always seems to be a reason for switching to artificial! About ten or twelve years ago. my husband needed surgery right before Christmas. We relutantly decided to buy an artificial as he was under doctor's orders not to lift and I couldn't do a big tree on my own. Well we've gone artificial ever since for the reasons listed above - especially the fact that it holds those heavy ornaments better!

:tree:

Even if I wanted a real tree, they don't come out for sale before December and I can't wait that long to decorate my tree.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

That is the exact same reason I bought an artificial tree as well. Plus I got sick of the mess and the tangled lights!

Wow, alot of animosity towards having a real tree haha (just kidding!) We ALWAYS have a real tree! I completely understand why people would prefer a fake tree, but nothing compares to the smell of a real one! We always go and take our time picking out just the right tree. We go to the same place every year that sells precut tree. My boyfriend and I usually spend about $50 and get a 6-7ft tree. This year it might be taller-we moved and have 10 ft ceilings now
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!