Thread: Gifts for a 1 year old girl and a husband

:snow: Gifts for a 1 year old girl and a husband

My daughter is turning one this year and for christmas im not quite sure what i should get for her i've been looking around at different things to get her but im not quite sure what i should really get her and my husband is the type of guy that says you dont have to get me anything for christmas but i do want to get him something and i want it to be perfect any ideas?

For a one year old, get toys that help them "explore their world" Learning toys, manipulatives, interactives. Don't waste your money on "popular items" that are the current rage. These will often sit unused in the corner. Your husband may be like mine. Get him something he really NEEDS. This may make him so much happier knowing that the money was well spent than an expensive toy would!
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 08-01-2011 at 02:34 AM.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Thanks for the advice i'll try that

I agree with the toys for the one year old. Give her toys that will actually get her to think and try to figure stuff out. Books are good too. They can be real simple and even though she can't read them yet, sit with her and read them to her pointing out stuff in the pages.

As for your husband, has there been anything he's mentioned more than once even just casually? He noticed his lunch box isn't keeping stuff cold or when he uses his laptop the heat on his lap gets too much to handle? That kind of stuff. Christmas presents don't have to be romantic or seasonal. Stuff that you've heard him talk about needing or wanting even just casually could get a big smile on his face.

"It isn't the holly, it isn't the snow. It isn't the tree, not the firelight's glow. It's the warmth that comes to the hearts of men then the Christmas spirit returns again." - Unknown

:snow: Thanks

Thank you for all the advice i will start to keep my ears open from now on

For their first Christmas, I give every granddaughter a Raggedy Ann and every grandson a Raggedy Andy. But I also love toys that have the age posted on the box. I like name brand toys: Fisher-Price, Playskool, Melissa and Doug, etc. For 1-year-olds, pull toys, push toys, and plastic tea sets are great, too. Here's a cute toy:

Little People® Zoo Talkers™ Animal Sounds Zoo™
    Ages: 1˝ - 5 years

The tea set says age 2, but I think a girl will like it before then:

Fisher-Price Magical Tea for Two
    Ages: 2-6 years

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by xmasallyearround View Post
    My daughter is turning one this year and for christmas im not quite sure what i should get for her i've been looking around at different things to get her but im not quite sure what i should really get her and my husband is the type of guy that says you dont have to get me anything for christmas but i do want to get him something and i want it to be perfect any ideas?

Lots and lots of chocolate.... Little kids love the stuff
    ~Michael

Yoou could also think about starting an ornament collection for the baby...As for hubs...Santa is getting him things he needs..white tshirts, socks, underwear, tooth brushes, etc...I mean there will be a few really nice things thrown in but for the most part, I try to stock him up for the year!
    A Very Merry Christmas to all!

Haha! I love the gift ideas for men. Okay, I'm a man, so let me tell you something. You ladies getting things that men "need" instead of "want" are doing it right! At least for me anyway. ;-) I appreciate gifts that fill a need. Most guys don't want sentimental gifts or weird gifts. A pair of socks, if I need socks, are much more appreciated than some gadget I never asked for. Just keep it simple and ask yourself, "What does he need?" You can't fail.