Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you save for Christmas?

:gingerbread:

Im not a huge fan of saving money , but, I think, will start saving some, after my summer vacations..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Well I think saving money is great, but it is so HARD to do! It seems like whenever you get a decent amount set aside, something comes and takes it! I do have a Christmas Club account with the bank that I try to set aside a little each month, but that usually isn't enough.

But I have been inspired, for the next 4 months, I am going to try to save, save, save!

In the last couple of years I have really cut back on how much I spend and how many people I buy for. Christmas used to be around $2500 for about 18 people, now it's closer to $700 for about 10 people.

I don't save for Christmas (but I don't have little ones, either). Nor do I go into debt for Christmas (then again, having no kids is different). We have alot of people to buy for, so I shop yearround, here and there for reasonably priced personal gifts for each. We are fortunate to have great thrift shops in the area. Everyone seems to enjoy the big gathering without the high price tag. Admittedly, who needs more stuff anyway? Homemade Food Items is a favorite gift in my family...

:gift:

I buy Christmas presents for only my husband and kids, my parents and my sister's family. That's only 8 people. And for my parents it's more symbolical. They don't really need something. For my family though, I go a little out of the way . I love to suprise and please them so much.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

We have a few small nieces and nephews, whom I take out to shop for presents. So the pennies, nickels and dimes we collect all year in a jar is their shopping fund,and the best part for me- they also get to count and stack the change too (it keeps them busy on thanksgiving).

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowden View Post
    We have a few small nieces and nephews, whom I take out to shop for presents. So the pennies, nickels and dimes we collect all year in a jar is their shopping fund,and the best part for me- they also get to count and stack the change too (it keeps them busy on thanksgiving).
    That is such a smart idea. I bet they love it.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

justinsophie10 Guest
    Lots of offers are available in market in the Christmas season so, it's all depends you what you need. If i need cash i will go for that deal else can choose a range of gifts.

I have a separate Christmas account that I put money into every month. During the year if I see the perfect gift for someone I buy it using the money from my Chrisstmas account. Since I started doing this I rarely have to use a credit card. I also take $ for Christmas cards, postage stamps and some holiday activities out of this account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Angeldog View Post
    I have a separate Christmas account that I put money into every month. During the year if I see the perfect gift for someone I buy it using the money from my Chrisstmas account. Since I started doing this I rarely have to use a credit card. I also take $ for Christmas cards, postage stamps and some holiday activities out of this account.

That is really great.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com