Poll: Tinsel - Love it or hate it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tinsel - Love it or Hate it?

I love tinsel. It is a shame people nowadays think it is too tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I don't like it on my tree, but I do like it on other people's. I think it just depends on your personal style.
    I use beads on my trees but I put garland up on the door ways and banisters

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

I want to get some beads for my tree next year. I want some white or blue ones.

I love tinsel, but haven't used it in years. I put it on one by one. My kids don't like that job.

:tree: tinsel

Hi There I'm new to this site! as far as tinsel is conerned love,love,love It . It really does add nice sparkle to it!!!!

Love looking at it, hate cleaning it up.

that is about how I feel when we were kids my parents had us put it on the tree then we had to take it back off the tree after christmas. I hated that job!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

well I voted undecided - for nostalgic reasons I love it but for pratical reasons I don't. I grew up with it on our trees and had it on my trees up until the mid 90's. I insisted on being the one to put it on because hubby and the kids just 'globbed' it on - I was the one strand at a time person. Now I have 3 cats so it is out of the question. I am deep into icicles now and have several hundred glass icicles plus crystal beaded ones that I have made that I put on the tree. I love seeing a well done tree with tinsel

with animals it is hard to have tinsel. I know my Sassi would eat it so I can't use it. I don't think Buddy would be bothered by it though. He is just a loafer and does take spurts of sniffing the tree and stockings. BUt not a whole lot
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

my tinsel I mixed several colors of reds pinks gold silver and put it into some big glass bowls and glass vases around the living room so it stays in one place and just a little tinsel into the tree