Poll: Tinsel - Love it or hate it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tinsel - Love it or Hate it?

well, I have to say I'm a HUGE fan of tinsel (the garland type) and I have to place it on 'just so!' I have 3 cats, and after the first few days when they get spritzed with water, they don't tend to go near my trees. But as it's the garlands I use, the tinsel pieces are short anyway, so wont do any harm.

:tree: Tinsel

The only thing I am not loving about it is having to put it on one strand at a time, my mom always told us to throw it on the tree in hunks, I do think it shimmers nice at night with the lights.

I like tinsel on other people's trees when it is well done. It adds a feeling of nostalgia to the holidays for me. I don't like bothering with it or tinsel garland either and since we have a furchild and artificial trees its just as well that I don't. I find that lots of clear plastic or glass "crystal" icicles can make the tree look just as shimmer-y.

timnsuzi Guest

tinsel

i never cared for tinsel until last year. we put up a tree in the kitchen and let the two oldest granddaughters decorate it. i caved and bought tinsel for them. it was the most wonderfully, hilarious site!!! esp. the 2 year old!! such fun!!

I didn't take part in the poll because I didn't know if you meant the garland type or the individual strands called 'icicles' (as a child, my family had a traditional 'argument' every year when decorating the tree; my dad and I called it 'icicles' because that's what it said on the little boxes, but my mom and sister insisted it was 'rain' because they said it looked like rain, not icicles lol)
    Anyway, I don't like the garland type because it looks tacky. I love the hanging strands of silver 'icicles' as long as they are hung straight. It is a lot of work to do it right, so I don't like to do it, but I do anyway. I like to carefullly place some towards the inside of the tree to catch the lights reflecting. I actually use clear or opaque beads, bows, AND the tinsel. it might seem I go overboard, but it looks awesome when I'm finished.

can't wait to see pics! I love to see icicles on the tree but not with my group. THey would try to eat it so I stick with the garland type!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

[QUOTE=onemagicalchristmas;4556]can't wait to see pics! I love to see icicles on the tree but not with my group. THey would try to eat it so I stick with the garland type![/QUOTE
    I wish I could send pics but I don't even own a camera now, let alone a digital camera and if I did have one, I confess that I wouldn't even know how to do it. Not that I couldn't learn, though. (not to mention that I haven't even started decorating yet, lol)

loved it when i was a kid but now i cant stand it!

I love tinsel!! i thnk its fabby im also a bit weird in that i love the smell, i guess coz whenever mum used to get the box of decs down the smell would be that of the decs and always reminds me of when i was little.

my sons freind had tinsel in her hair this AM at school as she is going to see the lights get turned on in our town centre, im working until late so i will get to se ethem all go on as well (altho willprob be really busy too lol)

I love putting tinsel on my Christmas tree!