Poll: Tinsel - Love it or hate it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tinsel - Love it or Hate it?

I don't care for it much

Thumbs up

I used to love tinsel on the tree but now we don't have it!
    LIVERPOOL 4 - 0 BOLTON WANDERERS
    Sunday 02 December 2007 15:00 , Barclays Premier League

I loved it as a child and still love the way it reflects the lights but having a couple of little furbabies and a kittie I have finally had to give up using it on my trees. As a kid many years ago it was always my job to add it to the tree. My sisters liked to just throw it on any way to get it there. Not me. I tok it one strand at a time ande it had to be added with a drape that was equal on both sides. lol Even when my kids were young I put all the tinsel on the tree. They definately did not.

So LOVE it - shiny!!!

Hubby doesn't like it so much because he tends to wear it to work - lol.
    ~ McDLT ~

My answer isn't as black-and-white as the poll question. I love it when it is well-done. I remember folks putting it on almost piece-by-piece and taking it off the same way. So, I guess when it looks good I like it. It can be overdone though. I remember seeing a tree where I could almost see no green!

On the other hand, I HATE dealing with it and we don't use it. Who knows? We have multiple trees and I might think about using some on one of them somewhere. Anyone know if any exists not made in China? I do hate the mylar though...come to think of it...I'm not real fond of lead either!!!
    persimmonpudding.com: dedicated to growing, education, and use of Diospyros virginiana L., the common, or American persimmon...and persimmon pudding is ALWAYS a holiday favorite!!!

Hate it

I grew up with tinsel in the tree every year of my young life and never want to see it in a tree again! :--) Since I have been on my own - may years now, I have NEVER let tinsel be put in the tree...garland either.
    http://XmasDVD.com - Watch Christmas clips, movies, commercials, cartoons and more, online all year long!

I would like to do tinsel on at least one tree, but we've got cats and dogs, so that's out.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by hallowthanksmas View Post
    I would like to do tinsel on at least one tree, but we've got cats and dogs, so that's out.

Nick
    ..yes good point. I'm not sure how bad for dogs, but it could kill a cat as it gets wrapped around vital internal organs on the way 'out'
    http://XmasDVD.com - Watch Christmas clips, movies, commercials, cartoons and more, online all year long!

I love it... In moderation! I really don't like when there's too much of it. And yes, I agree that it looks tacky when there's too much of it. I like the lose tinsel strands, I always put loads of that on my tree... Makes it look like it's snowing on it!

I loved the old, old tinsel that was heavy and hung straight down. I still like tinsel but don't use it on my artificial trees.