Poll: Tinsel - Love it or hate it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Tinsel - Love it or Hate it?

I dunno, but I am thinking that Oliver, the original poster is mixing up tinsel with garland, since he mentions putting it around pictures and along the fireplace, etc... I agree that the silvery and gold or whatever color garland does usually look tacky. Of course tinsel can look tacky, also, if just thrown on or put on in hunks. But, if it is put on correctly, it can look beautiful. Of course, it's much prettier at night with the lights on, than in the daytime. Anyway, to me, garland is the stuff that you wind around the tree, and frame a doorway with, and tinsel is the stuff that you put on the tree one or two strands at a time, so it looks like rain. Tinsel is also called icicles, and is the stuff that you still find yourself picking up in July.

I love it ! Not particularly on the tree but anywhere else is great.

As a kid, we always had tinsel/icicles on our trees, as it seemed everyone did, back then. I believe I put tinsel/icicles on my first couple of trees, but then got out of the habit, when it seemed hard to find, here. I think it's making a bit of a comeback, though and I might add it to our tree, this year.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

i love tinsel it has to match the colour of my decorations though

I voted 'LOVE IT' becuase I always love seeing it on trees, and remember it very fondly growing up - but I also remember the mess for our well-used artificial tree, and would likley never use it on my own. This is why they invented Tinsel Garland - all the pretty - none of the mess!

Thumbs up

heey what would christmas be without the odd tacky thingg xx boring thats what it would be :L xx

my mum hates it but i still put it up xx hehe

Tinsel

I Love it, it brings back memories of my childhood. We always had a balsam tree and my dad would spend HOURS placing one piece at a time on the tree. When it was complete it was beautiful! I don't like it though when people put handfuls on at a time.

Tinsel is so 80s...but I still love it! However, because it is messy, I don't use it on my trees. Unless, of course I can find gold tinsel, as my tree has mostly gold decorations.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

:tree:

whoops, I meant to say, "tree." I only have one! What a job it would be to decorate more than one.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

Quote Originally Posted by lighting lady View Post
    I Love it, it brings back memories of my childhood. We always had a balsam tree and my dad would spend HOURS placing one piece at a time on the tree. When it was complete it was beautiful! I don't like it though when people put handfuls on at a time.
    I couldn't agree with you more. We always had a balsam, too, only it was my mom that spent hours putting on the tinsel one strand at a time.