Poll: Tinsel - Love it or hate it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tinsel - Love it or Hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Angeldog View Post
    artificial trees its just as well that I don't. I find that lots of clear plastic or glass "crystal" icicles can make the tree look just as shimmer-y.
    I use those too, I have lots of those icicles on my trees

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

Hello All,

I voted that I hate it, only because there was no "the worst thing ever created!" choice.

I can see its use on a real tree, but trying to get that stuff off a fake one (err, I mean "artificial" one) is next to impossible!

For some reason what looked nice last year becomes twirled and tangled around every branch this year! It's as if when you put the tree back in the box all the little tinsels start talking and carrying on and decide to create mazes amongst the "needles". I think that it is some sort of conspiracy! LOL

E

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by theedwin View Post
    Hello All,

I can see its use on a real tree, but trying to get that stuff off a fake one (err, I mean "artificial" one) is next to impossible!

For some reason what looked nice last year becomes twirled and tangled around every branch this year! It's as if when you put the tree back in the box all the little tinsels start talking and carrying on and decide to create mazes amongst the "needles". I think that it is some sort of conspiracy! LOL

E
    This is exactly the reason we stopped using it when I was a kid! It was just to hard to take off the tree. It's only good on a real tree, because you can throw the whole thing out when you're done.

i think its pretty i love it's glimmer

Another vote for "love it"

I don't have anything against other types of garland (beads or tinsel garland), but this is the only type of garland that gives my natural trees a very uniform and symmetric look. Seriously, since natural trees don't have that balanced look of perfect symmetry I just put several threads of tinsel on the end of (almost) each branch - gluing them with a transparent tape or something - and the tree looks more proportionate right away. Since I don't just throw batches of them on the tree, there's no problem taking it off.

I love Tinsel and my wife hates it with a passion. I am not even sure why she has such hate for the pretty shinny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I think it makes things such as xmas trees look cheap and tacky
    Agree completely, plus we have ceiling fans in every room, so it usually blows the stuff off and makes a mess

:santa:

i love tinsel my tree gets a healthy dose of it . the brigher the better . really makes the tree pop. bright tinsel and coloured lights.... heaven !!!!!

Hate it. It gets into EVERYTHING. And my tries to eat it so we can't put it up anyways.

I love tinsel but don't put it on my artificial trees since it's a royal pain to remove. So instead I load up on super fat strands of shiny silver garland to bring on the silver glow!

Lots of silver tinsel, lots of twinkling and solid white lights. Perfect!!