Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Songs

katarinadawn Guest

Smile A Little Christmas Music

Has anyone ever heard of Mike Humrichouse's A Little Christmas Music?
    It's an instrumental saxophone cd, but I love What Child is This and O Come O Come Emmanuel. It's a toss up between the two. I think because they both give me the cozy, sweater-wearing, hotcocoa sipping feelings I want to have during the season, you know?

xmastalent Guest
    Did not know him, but found some reviews here http://www.groupietunes.com/artists/mikehumrichouse

Really great. I think i like What Child is This best

inessa Guest

Christmas Carols as a Card

There are words to Carols all over the web, but I was looking to Christmas Cards that had traditional Carols in it.... kind of like a combination Card/Carol/Gift. I must have checked about 50 sites and I couldn't find anything, anywhere. I really believe people are losing the old Traditions and singing Carols is one of them. There's no way you can sing Christmas Carols at a party, because only about 2 people know the words .... and getting 20 people to crowd around a computer monitor will never happen.

So I made one myself. If anybody is interested it is described on my bloggy thing here:
    http://www.younicycle.com/web/giftma...fts/index.html
    I'm selling it on etsy here: http://inessa.etsy.com

oh my gosh i am obsessed with christmas music I've been playing it since before Halloween and I'm pretty sure it's driving my boyfriend crazy. I'm listening to away in a manger right now. But I really love Silent Night and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Any Christmas songs Nat King Cole sings or Michael Buble too though

Oooh, this is a tough one, like many of you I LOVE Christmas music... I'll just list my top 5 faves (in no particular order):

1) Carol of the Bells
    2) Silent Night
    3) Silver Bells
    4) Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
    5) Winter Wonderland
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Mine is all I want for Christmas is you.: singing :

mj2freak Guest
    lemme see...i would say plenty..

but my favorites are

1.Oh Holy Night
    2.Silent Night
    3.Silver Bells
    4.Away in a Manger
    5.The Little drummer boy
    6.The First Noel
    7.What child is this
    8.Christmas time(Backstreet boys , Bryan Adams)
    9.Blue Christmas

Good song choices mj2freak!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

xanadude Guest

Two new Xmas faves!

I just picked up Olivia Newton-John's new Christmas CD (Christmas Wish) and can't get two of the (original) songs out of my head!

Every Time it Snows is a duet with Jon Secada and is absolutely GORGEOUS!
    and Christmas on My Radio is a retro-sounding rompy fun song.

Overall the whole CD is fantastic. Very lush arrangements and Olivia's gorgeous breathy voice. She chose some great classics that not everyone else and their sister record on their Christmas CDs (and she does them WELL!)

Great guest singers too! Also Barry Manilow, Michael McDonald and Jim Brickman!

Check it out! (Oh, it's only at Target stores)

Quote Originally Posted by xanadude View Post
    I just picked up Olivia Newton-John's new Christmas CD (Christmas Wish) and can't get two of the (original) songs out of my head!

Every Time it Snows is a duet with Jon Secada and is absolutely GORGEOUS!
    and Christmas on My Radio is a retro-sounding rompy fun song.

Overall the whole CD is fantastic. Very lush arrangements and Olivia's gorgeous breathy voice. She chose some great classics that not everyone else and their sister record on their Christmas CDs (and she does them WELL!)

Great guest singers too! Also Barry Manilow, Michael McDonald and Jim Brickman!

Check it out! (Oh, it's only at Target stores)
    Thanks for sharing xanadude, and welcome to the forums! Sounds like a CD I need to pick up my dad for Christmas - he's an Olivia fan too.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com