Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need gift Idea

Niknak Guest
    There are loads of websites offering very reasonable photo gifts. How about a calendar or new mug for her tea with pics of all the family?

Edgar Janoyan Guest
    Hi guys check it its cool, they make pictures 3D it is very good present for everyone and its very easy to order. i just ordered couple of those
    www.3dfacetoy.com

You should still have time to book a family portrait (he kids, grandkids, great-grands) and surprise her with it on Christmas. We did this for my grandmother a couple years back and she was almost brought to tears. It was very touching.

Once people are up in years they don't really need many things. Still showing your grandmother all the beautiful young people her and your grandfather created would no doubt put a smile on her face. We had ours done at Sears, with the whole family chipping in, it wasn't all that expensive.

http://www.searsportrait.com/
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

um, I don't know if anyone's noticed this or not but.... the original post is 3 years old. I doubt very much that the person is still looking for suggestions ? just sayin'.....

Ah.. Well it was probably just me being dooped haha. I am guessing the three other 2012 posters were advertising forum Bots.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

yeah, I think you are right about the other posts, Fezziwig.

you can always tell the spammers; they almost always reply to a question that was posted years ago, where someone is looking for gift ideas, which makes the question totally irrelevant now. Too bad there isn't a way to magically close all the old "help me with a gift" posts.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    you can always tell the spammers; they almost always reply to a question that was posted years ago, where someone is looking for gift ideas, which makes the question totally irrelevant now. Too bad there isn't a way to magically close all the old "help me with a gift" posts.

Steph. There is no way to automatically close those threads, but I did go through and close what I could for all gift idea threads prior to 2012. There are still a few open that are more "legit" that others, but the replies to threads from previous years should slow down, hopefully.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!