Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: buying a Christmas Tree

buying a Christmas Tree

Hi, whats the best real type Christmas Tree to buy?

thanks

The real spruce, growing in a court yard, is the best deal.

Artificial ones doesnt really work for me anymore.. The real ones really look nice and they smell good as well. So I'd prefer that..
    Christmas Costumes - http://www.shopcomparecostumes.com/categories/545/Christmas-Costumes.html

it depends on what you like and what you are looking for in a tree. Spruces are gorgeous, but don't retain their needles as long as some others. Do you like long needles? Short needles? There are several good ones to choose from. What kinds are available in your area? My favorites are balsam and frasier fir. Frasier firs retain their needles the best, I think and balsams are the most fragrant and retain their needles quite well, too. Scotch pines are not among my favorites, but they have sturdy branches for hanging heavier ornaments on.

When I lived up North and cut my own tree every year I always liked a Norway or a Blue Spruce never liked long needles for my Christmas Tree.The spruce trees always worked well for all my heavy ornaments.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

nyquiyup Guest
    I bought a prelit 7 footer at Home Depot last year. The lights on the middle section promptly died, so I called the store, and got a replacement. Then another section, and another. I have probably 30 hours into switching bulbs on this drat thing. In the past I had real trees, and I just left the lights on the tree when I threw it out.

My advice is buy one without lights and save yourself some serious foot-stomping temper tantrums in front of young children like my prelit tree has caused.

Animated Christmas trees are looking gorgeous but the always need a safety to handle them.Although these ceramics trees are also good.
    Thanks.

I actually just bought an artificial one. It looks as real as any tree you can buy off of the lot. You don't have to worry about a tangle of lights every year. The branches are strong enough to handle larger ornaments. The warranty on it was too good to pass up.

We always have a Nordmann fir. Thats the best ever The smell is amazing also the quality. The needles are perfect.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

:gingerbread:

Quote Originally Posted by dees473 View Post
    I actually just bought an artificial one. It looks as real as any tree you can buy off of the lot. You don't have to worry about a tangle of lights every year. The branches are strong enough to handle larger ornaments. The warranty on it was too good to pass up.
    I bought an artificial tree, (2.50m) last year, excellent quality with hinged branches for easy assembly..
    I had payed around 180-200 euros and Im really happy, knowing that this tree will always decorate my home next years...

I dont know, for me, artificial trees are convenient..
    No shopping for tree, no dragging a wet tree home, no dropped needles all over the house, no worrying about watering the tree etc..

Of course, a disadvanage having an artifical Christmas tree is that I have to assemble it each year, take it apart, and then store it somewhere..
    Most Christmas trees come apart in several main pieces - Thank God, mine has 3 pieces..

The only thing I miss about having a real one, is the missing smell of fresh cut pine and pine needles..

Last edited by olga; 06-24-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)