Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: our celebration

New Year's was always a relatively low-key affair for us, and still is. Being hockey fans, it was always tradition to watch the Detroit Red Wings play their annual New Year's Eve game on T.V.; but seeing as that game is not happening this year, who knows what we'll do.

After spending the day after Thanksgiving until Dec 25 on full Holiday power, I like to use the week between Christmas and New Year's as a relaxing time, before heading back to the grind of the work-a-day world.

I may be in bed by 10PM on New Year's Eve...no big deal to me

This subject also reminds me of how I hated Dec 26 as a kid! It was soooooo depressing. After all the waiting and anticipation, and , then...it's gone

Now, as I say, I like that week between Christmas and New Years simply for the relaxing part of it. Ahhhh, the little joys we find as the years fly by.

I still hate dec 26th because all the holiday spirit gets pushed under the carpet so to speak. I think most people are over the gift giving and on to more exciting things instead of letting the spirit ride for that extra week.

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    I still hate dec 26th because all the holiday spirit gets pushed under the carpet so to speak. I think most people are over the gift giving and on to more exciting things instead of letting the spirit ride for that extra week.
    I like to "let it ride" until the end of the year...
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

will go to the country side with frens and we'll party the whole night at farmhouse..