Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We're getting a real christmas tree!!!!!

We're getting a real christmas tree!!!!!

Can you tell I'm just a teensy bit excited? lol, I am jumping up and down and yelling 'YAHOO!!!!!!' at the top of my lungs and leaping and dancing around. I think I'm 5 or 6 again. Oh my gosh, I can't believe it!! I couldn't afford to get both a real tree stand AND a real tree and my best friend told me they were putting up an artificial tree this year and we could use their real tree stand!!! So, we brought home the tree stand last night and every time I see it, I just want to squeal with delight. We haven't been able to get a real tree in at least 9 years. I could go on and on. oh, and did I tell you all yet that we're getting a REAL CHRISTMAS TREE?!!!!!!! I can't wait!! we will go this Tuesday, most likely.

Awesome!!! I hope you find a good one.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

aww, thank you, MW! haha, great pic, by the way.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    Can you tell I'm just a teensy bit excited? lol, I am jumping up and down and yelling 'YAHOO!!!!!!' at the top of my lungs and leaping and dancing around. I think I'm 5 or 6 again. Oh my gosh, I can't believe it!! I couldn't afford to get both a real tree stand AND a real tree and my best friend told me they were putting up an artificial tree this year and we could use their real tree stand!!! So, we brought home the tree stand last night and every time I see it, I just want to squeal with delight. We haven't been able to get a real tree in at least 9 years. I could go on and on. oh, and did I tell you all yet that we're getting a REAL CHRISTMAS TREE?!!!!!!! I can't wait!! we will go this Tuesday, most likely.
    Thats excellent news Steph, Im very happy for you!!!
    So, you decorate on Tuesday, 1st of December, eh? Wonderful!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Thats excellent news Steph, Im very happy for you!!!
    So, you decorate on Tuesday, 1st of December, eh? Wonderful!
    thank you, Olga. It isn't that Dec 1st is the 'official' decorating day for me. That's just the soonest I will have the money in my account, haha. Otherwise, I'd have gone and gotten that tree already. I do have my slim prelit tree up already, but haven't finished arranging the tips/branches and haven't put on ornaments, etc.. yet. Since we're getting a real tree, I won't be putting up my big artificial one this year. And, since we now live in a tiny apt, the real tree will take up most of our little dining area, haha. but, I don't care. I have to have my tree and I'm not skimping. I love the slim tree (still a 7footer) but I have to have my bigger, fancier one, too.

Have fun Steph!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Have fun Steph!
    thanks, OM!

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    thank you, Olga. It isn't that Dec 1st is the 'official' decorating day for me. That's just the soonest I will have the money in my account, haha. Otherwise, I'd have gone and gotten that tree already. I do have my slim prelit tree up already, but haven't finished arranging the tips/branches and haven't put on ornaments, etc.. yet. Since we're getting a real tree, I won't be putting up my big artificial one this year. And, since we now live in a tiny apt, the real tree will take up most of our little dining area, haha. but, I don't care. I have to have my tree and I'm not skimping. I love the slim tree (still a 7footer) but I have to have my bigger, fancier one, too.
    Excellent!!! Enjoy it Steph!! And do not forget!! Nice Christmas music while decorating, while baking chocolate cookies!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Excellent!!! Enjoy it Steph!! And do not forget!! Nice Christmas music while decorating, while baking chocolate cookies!!!

yes, you are so right. I always have Christmas music playing while decorating the tree. and I start with the same record my mother used to put on when she was putting the lights on the tree when I was a child, which is "A Music Box Christmas" because it just goes so well with the twinkly lights and sounds so nice and Christmassy. But, I can't promise I'll make the chocolate cookies, although , who knows? I might just surprise myself.

Real christmas trees are so much nicer, but until I have my own family and children... I don't know if I can be bothered. My mother has a disability so a fake one is so much easier. Hoovering all the needles up too!

Only when my (future) children get really excited will I be able to justify it