Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We're getting a real christmas tree!!!!!

Fantastic news
    be careful if you have any pets, make sure they stay away from the tree, they could get hurt

Have a fantabulous christmas and a happy new year!
    Tis The Season To Be Jolly!

I want one too. We normally have one, but the boyfriend was totally tired of things like needleloss. So for the first time we're doing the artificial thing. I will get two small real ones in the window.

:tree:

I would love a real tree! Enjoy! I grew up with real trees every year. We would go to the local tree farm and cut our own down and sip on hot chocolate. When my daughter is old enough for it, I'll be doing it again. Until then, a fake one it is!

Were getting a real christmas tree

Oh please I want to come to Im always the hostess to my DHs family I dont like to go to there home because they dont make it feel like Christmas I love the table to be decorated they dont, I love the tree to be up they dont put up a tree, I just love the feeling of Christmas do you know what I mean? I love to have both families here but there is not enough room.

i am having a fake one for few years already!
    Stylish-jewellery.co.uk

Unique jewellery at affordable prices. Great Xmas present ideas!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Enjoy your tree!
    I have always wanted a real one. The closest I ever came was spending Christmas with relatives who had real trees. It isn't the same as having a real one in your own house though.

My fake tree is looking kind of ratty. Maybe next year I'll get a real one.

Quote Originally Posted by genrichkarlovichjr View Post
    Oh please I want to come to Im always the hostess to my DHs family I dont like to go to there home because they dont make it feel like Christmas I love the table to be decorated they dont, I love the tree to be up they dont put up a tree, I just love the feeling of Christmas do you know what I mean? I love to have both families here but there is not enough room.
    hello and I know what you mean. I love it when people have decorations up for Christmas. It just makes me all happy inside. I don't know how long you've been with your husband, but maybe some of your Christmas spirit will eventually rub off on his family. One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    Enjoy your tree!
    I have always wanted a real one. The closest I ever came was spending Christmas with relatives who had real trees. It isn't the same as having a real one in your own house though.

My fake tree is looking kind of ratty. Maybe next year I'll get a real one.
    My big fake tree has been looking ratty for a couple years now, so it was either use it again, get a real tree, or buy another artificial. When and if I get another artificial one again, I want a real nice one and I can't afford it this year. maybe after Christmas when the prices go way down. Then again, it's so nice having a real tree, I'm hoping to be able to keep getting them.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    My big fake tree has been looking ratty for a couple years now, so it was either use it again, get a real tree, or buy another artificial. When and if I get another artificial one again, I want a real nice one and I can't afford it this year. maybe after Christmas when the prices go way down. Then again, it's so nice having a real tree, I'm hoping to be able to keep getting them.
    I'm going to be watching for after Christmas sales too. I want a pre lit one. Actually I would love to ave more than one tree, but I just don't have the space.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I'm going to be watching for after Christmas sales too. I want a pre lit one. Actually I would love to ave more than one tree, but I just don't have the space.
    ya know, I'm going back and forth on whether to get a prelit or not. I am so tired of putting lights on the tree, so in that respect I want a prelit. but, from what I've read and heard and am starting to experience (one of my trees is a 7ft, slim prelit), the lights don't last long. I think this is the 4th Christmas for our prelit and one section of lights is out. I have searched for the burnt one(s) but can't find any. So, how do I fix it? I could put a string on, but eventually they will all go out. A prelit costs so much, too. I don't want to pay for something that will only be good for a few years. If anyone reading this has had a prelit that has stayed lit for many years, please let me know. oh, and I started putting up 2 trees about 4 years ago after I got the slim prelit one on sale for $25. And when we moved to this tiny apartment a few months ago, I wondered how I could decorate, since there's practically no room. But, I was determined, especially when I found I could get a real tree. So, the slim tree is in a corner, and the real tree is in our dining area. yes, it's kinda crowded, but it's only for a short time.