Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Snowing Christmas Tree!

:snow: A Snowing Christmas Tree!

I was at the mall this week and saw (in a cute shop with LOTS of great christmas items) the most amazing thing, a snowing Christmas Tree! From afar, it looked beautiful, and it definitely drew in a crowd (well, lots of little kids, and me - haha). I took a photo on my mobile phone;

It was very pretty.
    I found a website explaining the design and how it catches and recycles the 'snow':
    Let It Snow Machine

Has anyone else seen anything like this?
    I think it would be really clever for those poor souls in the South who don't get snow on Christmas!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

:tree:

That is nice and quite different as i have never seen anything like it,what an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    I think it would be really clever for those poor souls in the South who don't get snow on Christmas!
    Yeah...that would be us here in California. It looks like a great idea...but is it messy? Looks like the snow would end up all over the house.

The good thing about living out here is that when it rains, the mountaintops are covered with snow...you can see it from a distance without having to worry about snow boots, snow tires, falling on your butt or scraping your windshield.

Been there; done that in New York! I do terribly miss the snow on the holidays, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Yeah...that would be us here in California. It looks like a great idea...but is it messy? Looks like the snow would end up all over the house.
    The clever bit is that the bottom base of the tree is like an upside-down umbrella - it catches all the snow and then blow it back up to the top!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    The good thing about living out here is that when it rains, the mountaintops are covered with snow...you can see it from a distance without having to worry about snow boots, snow tires, falling on your butt or scraping your windshield.
    That sounds Heavenly --- but I would still miss snowmen and snowangels
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

That's very clever!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I love it !!!!!! Hmmmmm

The clever bit is that the bottom base of the tree is like an upside-down umbrella - it catches all the snow and then blow it back up to the top! :
    I see how it works now - great idea. Its interesting how it uses Static Guard. That really could make Christmas out here feel just like home.

That sounds Heavenly --- but I would still miss snowmen and snowangels
    Yes, me too, along with igloos and icicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    I love it !!!!!! Hmmmmm
    Haha I was thinking of you a bit when I saw it, Mike - thought you might like it! (Since I know how much you love snow!)

Wow great tree! I haven't seen anything like this before...

Talking

I was at the mall this week and saw (in a cute shop with LOTS of great christmas items) the most amazing thing, a snowing Christmas Tree! From afar, it looked beautiful, and it definitely drew in a crowd (well, lots of little kids, and me - haha). I took a photo on my mobile phone;

It was very pretty.
    I found a website explaining the design and how it catches and recycles the 'snow':
    Let It Snow Machine

Has anyone else seen anything like this?
    Thats quite impressive, I think and yes, Ive never seen anything like that before..
    Thanks for sharing and thanks for the site that explains everything about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)