Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to say Merry Christmas in other languages

Hi, Symone! Glad you've decided to join us!

Thanks for letting us know how Christmas is celebrated out your way- it's always so interesting to hear!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Thank you, glad to be here! I'm mostly looking at how everyone else celebrate Christmas where it snows.. It never happens here!
    We'd go to man-made "Snowlands" just to get a feel!

Our 49th state (Alaska) of course is home to the native Eskimo their's (which is also the same for New Years) is... Jutdlime pivdluarit ukiortame pivdluaritlo!
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Our 49th state (Alaska) of course is home to the native Eskimo their's (which is also the same for New Years) is... Jutdlime pivdluarit ukiortame pivdluaritlo!
    I tried to see if I could find how exactly you'd pronounce that, but couldn't. It looks to be a mouthful.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Symone View Post
    Thank you, glad to be here! I'm mostly looking at how everyone else celebrate Christmas where it snows.. It never happens here!
    We'd go to man-made "Snowlands" just to get a feel!
    I love warm weather, but I am glad that I live in a place that gets some snow. I'm glad that you at least have snowlands!

Come visit the Dakotas sometime... no problem with snow up here!!
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

For the Star Trek enthusiast... Here is the Klingon version (or as close as it can get) QISmaS Quch Daghajjaj.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    For the Star Trek enthusiast... Here is the Klingon version (or as close as it can get) QISmaS Quch Daghajjaj.
    Haha! You're full of such varied information, Bishop!
    Last edited by Mistletoe; 09-05-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Haha! Your full of such varied information, Bishop!
    Well, so many of the languages have already been covered, it is tough to find something new. Glad you enjoyed it.

In Thai language we say: สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาส! Suksan Wan Christmas!

Otherwise วันคริสต์มาส, is only Christmas Day.