Thread: Giving Money

mom243 Guest

:gift: Giving Money

I want to give my grandchildren money for Christmas, disguised and an effort to open it. One year, I hollowed out walnuts and placed a bill in some of the nuts and glued them shut. It was funny, when they thought all they got was walnuts. Then they had to open ALL of them to find the money!

Any suggestions? Or a website of ideas?

How about inexpensive gloves (the stretching ones can be bought in a dollar store) with bills in each finger. Or hide the money in a large bag of candy, or inside an ornament.

Watch it, they may eat the cash! XD

Christmas Is THE BEST!!!

The walnut idea is so cute and funny!
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinchless-Bauble View Post
    Watch it, they may eat the cash! XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I have seen ideas where you make it a scavenger hunt...each location gives them a clue and the final location will be the prize...this link gives an idea...

http://www.santalady.com/xmasgame/clues.html

In Holland we have a party named Sinterklaas and it is a tradition to make a 'suprise'. This means you have to make something to put the present in. A lot of the time it is something that is related to your particular interests. But other times you make something that makes it really hard(or just a little bit groce) to get to the present.

For example:
    - Take a big box. Fill it with sawdust, put in 10(or more fake gifts that all need to be unpacked to establish they are fake and a package with the real money.

- Buy a few very cheap and very ugly stuffed animals. Open them and put the money in them and then sow it back up. Give the stuffed animals wrapped up to your grand children, so it looks like that is the gift.