Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bay Window, Picture Window Decor

Bay Window, Picture Window Decor

Does anyone decorate a bay window or large picture window for Christmas? Tell us about it and post a pic if you have one.

I've decorated ours in different ways. This year it will have Holy Family figures (18.5 inches tall). I haven't decided on the type of garland to use.

Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 11-14-2009 at 12:41 PM.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I saw a different Jim Shore nativity set at the Christmas attic in old town Alexandria, and I thought of you! I don't know if it's new this year or not, but thought I'd mention it. I know how you like those pieces. I do too, but my wallet not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I saw a different Jim Shore nativity set at the Christmas attic in old town Alexandria, and I thought of you! I don't know if it's new this year or not, but thought I'd mention it. I know how you like those pieces. I do too, but my wallet not so much.
    Let's not talk about the wallet! LOL. I apologized to my husband for spending so much money.

Just the mention of old town Alexandria brought on a wave of nostalgia. I'll post my Jim Shore Nativity and other Holy Family figures when I can get the cut and paste to work.

I love Old Town. If I could live anywhere in the DC area it would be there. Unless I hit the lottery, buying a place there isn't just tough on the wallet, it's impossible. I'll have to just stick with occasionally eating,shopping and good old walking around down there.
    I hope your husband was understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I love Old Town. If I could live anywhere in the DC area it would be there. Unless I hit the lottery, buying a place there isn't just tough on the wallet, it's impossible. I'll have to just stick with occasionally eating,shopping and good old walking around down there.
    I hope your husband was understanding.
    I know what you mean about $$$ Old Town.

And after all these years of marriage, I think my husband has decided to let me dig my own grave!

You Christmas people can't fool me! I know that the majority of people decorate their windows for Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    You Christmas people can't fool me! I know that the majority of people decorate their windows for Christmas!

haha, well, I don't really decorate the windows, per se. I do wrap garland, (that I also wrapped mini multi-colored lights around) across the curtain rods on two windows and the ends hang down a little more than half way on each side of the windows, but the windows themselves I have not decorated. years ago, someone had given me an old single electric candle that I put in one window, but it died after some years and I never replaced it.

Back on topic
    My parents center their tree in the front window.
    One really fun thing I saw a couple of years ago in California was a house with a leg lamp like in A Christmas Story. I don't know who the people were who owned the house, but we got a good chuckle.

We used to put a 4 foot tree in the bay window at our last house.I'll see if I can dig up some pics.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

How to Use Dry Erase Markers For Christmas Window Decorating:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4515348_dry-...ecorating.html

Papa Christmas, I'm always glad to see photos!