Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big shopping trips: What to bring?

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post

Aaa i love this pic. That brings me so much in Christmas mood
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

I love to go Christmas shopping. I definitely agree with all of you -- comfortable shoes are a must! Also, I don't know what everyone is talking about taking money -- I never have any -- but I never go unarmed without a debit and credit card!

Also, I hate going shopping with people who don't buy anything!I usually end up getting at least one thing in every store (especially at Christmastime), but I know people who will go all day and not buy a thing! What is up with that???? Just stay home!

I once went on a two day, pre-holiday bus trip to Vermont. We stopped at Yankee Candle, several Christmas shops, and an outlet center. I went with several friends. The man sitting next to me on the bus kept making fun of me for how much I was buying. I kept responding that shopping was the whole reason for the trip. He and his wife bought nothing! Why did they even come? The funny thing is, I ran into him at a mall the very next day, and he said: "Haven't you bought enough yet!"

Well, we had a great time even though that man was so annoying!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    The funny thing is, I ran into him at a mall the very next day, and he said: "Haven't you bought enough yet!"

Well, we had a great time even though that man was so annoying!
    This is sooo funny!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I always take a bottle of water and some form of quick energy food (bad of nuts of chocolate). The worst thing is when all restaurants are busy and you get grumpy as you need to eat.

Either get there early and eat early on take a snack eat it at lunch then have a 'real' lunch when the restaurants quieten down.

That way whilst everyone is eating you can be in the shops with no que!

:gingerbread:

I don't do anything special!

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Good question!

Definitely athletic, comfortable shoes (absolutely agreed, Erv), not heavy clothes, not a purse/bag (everything in my pockets, all closed safely).
    I also choose to go shopping with people I know they will not want to leave in half an hour!!!!, as, I love wandering around Christmas stores...

Agreed. Thank God my husband likes Christmas almost as much as I do (come December) 'cause there's no one else I'd rather go shopping with (except of my sister, but we live in different countries )

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

well i ahve a huge problem with long shopping trips...just because the lights and being on my feet all day gives me migranes... so i hardly ever do them unless totally necessary.I try to shop as much as i can online or do smaller shopping trips.
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012