Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas time in Canada

Christmas time in Canada

Hello everyone I spoke with Bob and got the thumbs up to create a thread on the mayhem that takes place every year just after Halloween up here in southern Ontario, Canada

When I was a little boy I used to have dreams of a crystal tree, tall and slim, full of thousands of lights and ornaments. I was always a kid with his head in the clouds and Christmas became such a magical time of the year for me.

My tree started off as a 4ft white tree. It then became a 6 foot tree followed by the tree that I am using right now a slim 8 foot Torre fur ( I think that was the name of it ) and there is a new tree coming in 2010 -2011.

This is my second Christmas here and it is so nice to meet all the wonderful folks from all over the planet that have a love for Christmas.

I hope that you enjoy the pictures that I will be posting in the coming days and weeks

Mike

Getting ready to open the box

Let the fun begin !!!

Starting to put the tree together ( the while stuff on the ground is artifical snow which I put on the tree every year. I collect as much of it when I take the tree down for the following year )

I use white ties to remind me where I need to continue with the lights after
    taking a break.

Ornamotors which need to be attached and secured to the branches.

Lots of ornaments to be put on the tree

Mike! I'm very happy you have your own thread to show off your Tree(s!). Looking forward to following the progress as it comes along!

*high five to fellow Canadian*
    Last edited by ChantelleJoy; 11-11-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Great job coming along, Mike! So are you working with an manufacturer pre-lit tree or one that you wired yourself and left in place post-season? I'm like you - I can't have too many lights!

Looking forward to seeing your work continue!

Actually Kitty the had nights in it when I purchased it 10 years ago. When I first bought it I was able to tightly wrap 1100 lights into the core of the tree which I have been able to leave in the tree. I add another 1500 lights plus another 1100 twinkle lights which I remove
    every year.

When I change trees in 2 years I will buy a prelit one and are hoping to go the LED route like Tinkerbell has done for half of the lights .

KItty btw I love your tree it is beautiful !!!!!!!!!!

crazymike your tree is lovely without anything on it..

cant wait to see it finished..

:gift:

I love big trees with many hundreds of lights on.. I love your tree friend, even if you have not put any ornaments yet. When you do, I think your tree will be just wonderful.
    Btw, how tall is it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

buying a new tree

I am planning on buying a new. I kinda in a dilemma to buy a white one, or just the green one... which one looks better?
    Christmas Costumes - http://www.shopcomparecostumes.com/categories/545/Christmas-Costumes.html

I saw last years pictures. They were wonderful. Can't wait to see how it will look this year!