Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Christmas Carol (2009)

i personally want to see this, i like jim carry and while his Grinch was no that classic and nothing will ever be i thought he was great in the Grinch so yes im all about this.

Since we are on the subject though i would say "A Christmas Carol" with Patrick Stewart is the best version, i have the dvd.

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by skoubah View Post
    Since we are on the subject though i would say "A Christmas Carol" with Patrick Stewart is the best version, i have the dvd.
    I love Patrick Stewart as a narrator.. Have you listened to The Christmas Carol Audio Book?

Hes just unique!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I thought Patrick Stewart's version was pretty good. Rich Little's version is also classic.

I can't wait to see it!

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by EmpressDivine View Post
    I can't wait to see it!
    Cant wait to see it, too.. Its coming on Christmas Eve, in my country!! Unbelievable.....

Couldn't wait to see it. I dont have lots of free time though..
    Ideas for Christmas: http://ideasforchristmas.net

:light:

I saw a few days ago, Christmas Carol, The 3-D motion-capture version of the story, by Zemeckis and I kinda liked it.

Of course, I have to mention that it was a little dark and frightening, so it may not be the best Christmas Carol version for kids.
    To be honest, sometimes it reminded me of Nightmare Before Christmas.

However, JIm Carrey was very good, so as was Bob Hoskins, Gary Oldman and Robin Right (and not Penn anymore).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3lr3urgDU

The only thing I think was missing form the movie, was more songs.. I wish the film had more Christmas songs, just like the older versions.
    I was also wondering, do you think that in the paricular version, the story might have lost a little of its essence, in the process of technology?

Conclusively, I can not say it was the best Christmas Carol adaptation ever, but there is no way you will say Bah!! Humbug!!!

I suggest the film, but I think only to grownups.

I saw A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey 3 times in 2009 !! I really loved it. The only thing I did not care for was a part where Scrooge becomes very teeny-tiny. That was definitely not in the book. I definitely want to purchase it if it comes out on DVD !!

Even if it was not he best Christmas Carol I have ever seen, Im looking forward to to getting the dvd, too!! I wanna see the extras, also!!

Hi everyone ! Does anyone know if this is coming to dvd? Or if it is already out? I haven't seen an advert about the dvd anywhere. Would love to watch it again.