Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Christmas Carol (2009)

A Christmas Carol (2009)

Official Trailer -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3lr3urgDU

Charles Dickens' timeless tale of an old miser who must face Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Yet-to-Come, as they help to bring kindness to his otherwise cold heart. The Ghosts remind him of the man he used to be, the hard truth of what the world is today, and what will happen if he does not strive to be a better man. Set around Christmas, the most joyous day of the year, Scrooge realizes the sharp contrast of his own personality.

Jim Carrey plays four separate roles in this updated version of A Christmas Carol. Carrey portrays Scrooge, as well as the three ghosts (Past, Present, and Yet-to-Come). His dynamic character roles keep the four characters as diverse as being played by four actors.

Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future trilogy) has his chance to dabble in telling a story through the windows of time, as he directs the long-awaited remake.

A Christmas Carol | Jim Carrey | Disney Site

What do you all think about this??

Wink

Zemeckis is trying his best in order to succeed with this. He says that Christmas Carol is his favorite book since he was a young boy, so that has been a good reason trying to make a new retelling oft the story..

I m a huge fan of Christmas Carol, Ive seen all versions and have read everything that has to do with it!! and honstley, I wont say a word until I watch it!!!

In my country the film is released on 24th December..
    Last edited by olga; 11-05-2009 at 05:14 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Personally, I'm not a huge Jim Carrey fan, but seeing how this is animated and it's CB's favorite Christmas film, we are planning to go On Friday evening. My personal favorites of the films are......the 1938 version, the 1951 version and Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

I'm looking forward to it - but dissapointed that because this is such a big-budget event there seems to be few/no other Christmas-related movies coming out this year??

Will likley wait till after my Birthday (Nov 23rd) to go see it though... Although I like doing some planning, etc before then, that's when Christmas really kicks-off for me.

:gift:

I'm more an old christmas carol person as i prefer the original i like my originals during the holidays but,there are some i like as i don't think i'll see this one sorry.

Just got back from this
    Fantastic movie , scary at times. It seems weird that this time last year I was watching Quantum of solace in the very same cinema .
    Last edited by Home alone 2; 04-28-2010 at 09:12 PM.

i'm looking forward to watching this, i love all the christmas carols films and i also love disney films so it should be good

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Home alone 2 View Post
    Just got back from this
    Goodish movie , scary at times. It seems weird that this time last year I was watching Quantum of solace in the very same cinema .
    Did you see Christmas Carol? Ive read somewhere that the movie is doing very very well so far!!

Yeah I saw it , Scary movie . Loads of people have been saying it wa scary for them also so I am glad I am not alone :

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Home alone 2 View Post
    Yeah I saw it , Scary movie . Loads of people have been saying it wa scary for them also so I am glad I am not alone :
    Do you think that its not good for kids?