Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your Start of Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday Mom View Post
    My entire apartment is already decorated. Our Thanksgiving Day is in October so we wait until after Remeberance Day (Nov. 11) to start decorating. But I brought my 8 year old to see Santa yesterday and then we went to see A Christmas Carol as part of our Holiday season kick off. We have to start this early as the next month and a half is super busy for us - non stop until New Years - I love it
    I agree, that after Rememberance Day really is the full-swing beginning of Christmas. It's almost sad that most people in the USA wait till the end of November, after Thanksgiving.

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

When I was younger, I always "started" Christmas (in my mind) on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Now I think,it starts for me the day after Veteran's Day. Either way, I generally start shopping much earlier!

Talking

November the 1st has always been the perfect day for my family to start decoration in our house.. Until now, we keep this day and we always will..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

:gingerbread:

Ussually Christmas starts right after Halloween. We don't decorate and get ready till Black Friday and the weekend after Thanksgiving though. It's our ' Tis The Season ' weekend! But as soon as we eat Thanksgiving I'm ready to start Decorating the tree!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    [I_live_For_Paris, I_live_For_Family, I_live_For_Christmas!
    Merry Christmas

Bah humbug Christmas starts after turkey day

:tree:

Although I am excited for it ALL year, Christmas for us OFFICIALLY starts the day after thanksgiving. Instead of going out shopping like a crazy person (unless I absolutely need something), this day is spent pulling out all the decorations and decorating away!

:holly:

Christmas also starts for me in October but not officially until November. In the first week of November I usually put up the nativity scene, since the birth of Christ is of utmost importance to my Christmas. Thanksgiving day I put up the tree while watching the Thanksgiving Day parades !!

Much better to spend the day after Thanksgiing going through Christmas stuff !!! Have been out shopping bright and early the past 2 Black Friday's and there were just no deals that I was interested in !!!

Officially starts the day for us in mid November. November 15th or so.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

It is in May that I start thinking of Christmas. I will put my list up soon. So they have all sumer to add items under their name. The tree doesn't go up until Nov. I always find more enjoyment in the planning. My visions are always better than reality, but it doesn't stop me from having a GOOD christmas.

Smile

Last day of October...
    A glass of red wine, a Christmas cd with old, jazz, Classic Christmas songs and lets start decorating!!! What better than that....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)