Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your Start of Christmas?

:santa:

hey grinchless bauble keep the 28th of november in your diary cause thats when xmas fm goes live this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Days!
    Christmas Is THE BEST!!!

november 1st. thats what kicks it off for me .

I find that Christmas kicks-off a bit earlier in Canada than in the US because we have our Thanksgiving at the end of October, and then it's all Christmassy stuff.

I honestly can't imagine having Thanksgiving at the end of November, which would seriously just feel like Christmas Dress-rehersal. LOL

The older I get, the earlier and earlier I get excited. I'll start shopping and collecting decorations now. Every weekend in November will be spent preparing, planning and shopping for supplies.The tree and most of the decorations won't likley go up till the last weekend in November, then it's full-on Celebration time, carols, movies, baking, etc!! Whoo!

I plan for sooo long because I make a lot of my decorations so I need a lot of time to get everything done!

[QUOTE=ChantelleJoy;17903]I find that Christmas kicks-off a bit earlier in Canada than in the US because we have our Thanksgiving at the end of October, and then it's all Christmassy stuff.

I honestly can't imagine having Thanksgiving at the end of November, which would seriously just feel like Christmas Dress-rehersal. LOL

[QUOTE]

Exactly what ChantelleJoy said I will start work on my main tree in early November and it will take me 2 weeks to get it completely set up. It then sits unplugged until December.

I would not be able to get all my decorations and trees up in time if I had to wait until the end of November as my wife and I have our Christmas party on the first Saturday in December.

Actually I started on my tree really early last year as my wife and I did not have a Hallowen party. I am on vacation from Nov 6th to Nov 17th so I will probably finish the tree by the end of my vacation if all goes well.
    Last edited by Crazymike1965; 10-22-2009 at 05:54 PM.

It all really starts on Deck the Halls Day for me. (Deck the Halls Day is my name for the day I decorate! Always the day after Thanksgiving)

From there on out through Christmas I go NUTS and I absolutely cannot control it.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
    It all really starts on Deck the Halls Day for me. (Deck the Halls Day is my name for the day I decorate! Always the day after Thanksgiving)

From there on out through Christmas I go NUTS and I absolutely cannot control it.
    Really???? I dont believe you!!!

So am I !!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

ITS here

Hi I work at a big box store and the Christmas supplies are out for sale. And people are loading up. I guess these are the folks who prefer to have the best selection.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by tjdmall View Post
    Hi I work at a big box store and the Christmas supplies are out for sale. And people are loading up. I guess these are the folks who prefer to have the best selection.
    Really? Oh, I can imagine what is gonna happen when November comes!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)