Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your Start of Christmas?

Cool What's your Start of Christmas?

Hey Guys.. thought i'd say Hi to all by starting off a thread, so Hi :

So, What's the beginning of Christmas for you guys...?? when does it really kick off, like seriously when you feel, it's here!

Well, here in Ireland for me it's when a show called "The Late Late Toy Show" is on which is a once a year show on a Friday night at the end of November and the host gets kids to show off the this years must have toys, as well as live performances and Carols and Christmas goodness.. it really is the best, and then I know It's Christmas

Usually the next day i'll get the Christmas songs out!

But the real bummer for me is I have exams up to a week before Christmas.. very annoying, makes it extra stressful

But what about you guys?
    Christmas Is THE BEST!!!

well ours doesn't really get going until we put our landing christmas

tree up which is middle of november,but we are really starting to feel it now

though....

:gift:

Start decorations the first day of November, really I can not wait any more...
    A glass of red wine, a Christmas cd with old Classic Christmas songs and lets start decorating!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

:santa:

hey grinchlessbauble..

im irish too. you are so right about the toy show. still brings a night of excitement to me in november. its then i know christmas is here again.then i tune into xmas fm and that cranks it up another notch. its excitement all the way from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinchless-Bauble View Post
    Hey Guys.. thought i'd say Hi to all by starting off a thread, so Hi :

So, What's the beginning of Christmas for you guys...?? when does it really kick off, like seriously when you feel, it's here!

Well, here in Ireland for me it's when a show called "The Late Late Toy Show" is on which is a once a year show on a Friday night at the end of November and the host gets kids to show off the this years must have toys, as well as live performances and Carols and Christmas goodness.. it really is the best, and then I know It's Christmas

Usually the next day i'll get the Christmas songs out!

But the real bummer for me is I have exams up to a week before Christmas.. very annoying, makes it extra stressful

But what about you guys?

October for me. I have gotten all my decoratios out and ready to go up on the 1st of Nov! or before I go inot surgery.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by devoy26 View Post
    hey grinchlessbauble..

im irish too. you are so right about the toy show. still brings a night of excitement to me in november. its then i know christmas is here again.then i tune into xmas fm and that cranks it up another notch. its excitement all the way from there.

Hi, good to see fellow irish on here

Christmas Fm, was the highlight of christmas last year!!!! What a GREAT thing to do and for charity aswell.. cannot wait, roll on 25th/ish of Nov!
    Christmas Is THE BEST!!!

When the stores start removing their Halloween items, it's the beginning of Christmas spirit for me. Of course, Thanksgiving is sandwiched in there.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

About the end of September. But don't really get into decorations until after Thanksgiving.

Yes.. but its not until decorations go up generally end of November till it kicks in, until then people just complain about it getting earlier and earlier every year :P

Putting up decorations at the start of Nov seems far too early.. it need to be a nice December maybe Saturday with the family, makes it feel special!
    Christmas Is THE BEST!!!

I'm definitely feeling the Christmas excitement, already, but I won't put the official Christmas decorations and tree up until the weekend of Thanksgiving. We usually get the tree on Black Friday or that Saturday, let it 'settle' for a day, then decorate it.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!