Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Tree Skirt

:tree: Favorite Tree Skirt

What is your favorite type of tree skirt? My mother used to wrap a white bedsheet around the base of the tree. In the seventies I used quilt batting and then started using a tree skirt. This year I bought a new velvet tree skirt with appliques. I also like my daughter's tree skirt:

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

:gingerbread:

That is nice as i like the older looking skirts as i remember the vintage look my grandmother had and how lovely it looked.I found a wonderful site that has short videos of vintage christmases and the vintage cards and each plays wondeful melodies it's really nice it's called "an old fashioned christmas",i go there alot as it brings back those memories of years gone by.

Your daughter's tree skirt is gorgeous! I love how simple the design is and clean the colors are.

My favorite tree skirt is a latch-hook made by me and mom in the 70's. Well, mostly mom...lol. It's special because it was made by us.

When I was a kid, that's what my folks used...a bed-sheet! I love the vintage looking skirts...those that look like they could have been under a tree from say the mid-40s through the late 60s.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Growing up, my mom always put red velvet under the tree. It wasn't a proper skirts, just a a big piece of velvet. I remember thinking it was elegant, and how special it was for Christmas. I'm really not sure if she's still using it or not. As an adult I don't spend as much time poking around under the tree. LOL.

I have a tree skirt that is just sort of blah. A girl I used to work with gave me a bunch of decorations that her mother was going to give to good will. It's red and white. It's fine, but nothing eye popping. My tree is so bushy near the bottom, you really can't see the skirt anyway. I would like to get a nicer one though.
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 10-18-2009 at 11:49 PM.

I have a red and green tree skirt I use.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I bought one for my family room last year and can't remember what it looks like. For the living room tree I have been wrapping a throw around it as I couldn't find the right color. May buy some material to wrap around it. My mom always put a white sheet around the tree when we were kids.

When I finally set up my tree, I'll take a pic of the new tree skirt and post it to the thread. I'm happy to know that others had white sheets around the bases of their trees. That's cool!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I am looking forward to seeing pics of your tree this year, MW. And my mother always used a white bed sheet, as well. I had a tree skirt for years that was mostly red and green; I think someone gave it to me, but I can't remember. But, for the past few years, I've been using, can you guess? - a white bed sheet! lol and you know, I like it just as well. It's nostalgic.

My mom use to use this velvet feel one with white trim, something very simple. Last year, I quilted a skirt for our tree. It's dark red with dark green trees.