Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: xmas gifts girl 8 years

Smile xmas gifts girl 8 years

my girl will be 8 this coming xmas and has outgrown the plastic toys so I am thinking of more girly things as gifts and perhaps some things with a view to the future

collectible pink teacup quality china filled with her favourite chocolates
    a barbie doll
    a sterling silver jewelry item
    watercolours brushes and special papers
    some scrapbooking items
    a blanc journal
    jewelry making kit
    lavender pillow

It is important for every one of us to pass on the true spirit and information about the occasion of Christmas with all honesty as our parents did it for us. In today’s world the kids have a lot to think about and the story of Jesus’ birth may not seem to them the idea to explore.

They may enjoy getting Christmas gifts but may never come up with the idea of knowing what has created this beautiful occasion. Make sure that you share this knowledge with your kids. Narrate the original idea to them. Buy some books keeping their age groups in your mind and let them read it. Try to create an atmosphere of harmony and peace. Help your kids find good toys as donation items for the needy and poor. These activities will actually tell your kids what true Christmas is all about.

My niece does something like that FOr each new toy they get at CHristmas they donate an old toy to the local charitiy. Some of the toys are like new because kids have there favorites and usually keep them for years. SHe also takes them to church on Sundays and reads them stories from the Bible. They know the CHristmas story.

Well, remember when I was eight. I got this silver necklace from my grandma. I was so proud of it. I wore it all the time, it made me feel special. (I have two brothers, so it was nice to be noticed as a girl and not "one of the boys") I still have the necklace.
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

very true

Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    It is important for every one of us to pass on the true spirit and information about the occasion of Christmas with all honesty as our parents did it for us. In today’s world the kids have a lot to think about and the story of Jesus’ birth may not seem to them the idea to explore.

They may enjoy getting Christmas gifts but may never come up with the idea of knowing what has created this beautiful occasion. Make sure that you share this knowledge with your kids. Narrate the original idea to them. Buy some books keeping their age groups in your mind and let them read it. Try to create an atmosphere of harmony and peace. Help your kids find good toys as donation items for the needy and poor. These activities will actually tell your kids what true Christmas is all about.
    One wonderful thing they have out now is a teddy bear that narrates the true meaning of christmas, its perfect for any age out there. You can get him in a nice blue suit or burgundy, he wears glasses and has the baby bear on his lap. When he reads the story, his cheeks light up and his head moves. Very sweet. Another thing you mentioned that has always been a tradition since my daughter was 3(shes 8 now) was every christmas, we go through her toys, we make 3 piles, one is junk one is donate and one is keep, we decide what toys have worn out their welcome and needs to do to the garbage, which one s she realy does not want to part with and which ones she wants to donate. A lot are ones she barely touched so we wash them up well and bring them to our church who then gives them to a family. We always add in one or two new toys as well. Chantal really looks forward to doing that every year, and it is great at keeping the # of oys down that collects in her room and it teaches her some wonderful values that i hope she will continue with her children. The bear can be bought at any walmart. As far as the original post, the scrapbooking idea, i bought a kit at walmart for my 8 year old for this x-mas, it incudes all the scrapbooking things you need, the book, frames stickers, stamps etc...and it also includes the camera, you can add in some film in the stocking. When my step children turned 15 i started thinking of their future and will do so with my daughter, every x-mas i got them something they would be able to use when they got out on their own, i've bought microwaves, stands, coffee tables, tv's, units, right down to toasters, dishes, silverwear. Now that they are older and out on their own, they really appreciated having all those things to take with them.
    Last edited by trish_j; 10-31-2007 at 01:11 AM. Reason: forgot something

Perfect for young and not so young!

I like to make keepsakes like this one
    http://www.howvids.com/Hobbies/How_t...s_Keepsake.ad2

It doesnt have to be just for Christmas, either. You can do it for birthdays too - just change the fabric and put different themes in for the pictures. I'm going to make one with blinking lights this year and put it on the wall in the same room as the tree. That should compliment everything pretty well!

:tree: Hello to everyone

Hi,
    My name is meeleend,I am new on this forum.I agree with happy.

neal12349 Guest
    I think dolls are one of the best Christmas gifts for girls. Little girls love to get dolls as Christmas gifts. You can also gift music boxes or flowers that will bring a smile to their faces.

:tree:

At Christmas, my mind is always overflowing with ideas for gifts to get my little sister. While I think that most toys are great, I do like to buy things that are well made and age appropriate. I also like toys that encourage her to use her imagination and that will also allow her to be active.
    Books, books books! Maybe it is because my mother is a teacher, but I always get my little sister books for Christmas. Books are definitely not boring, and reading to your child is a great way to have time together and build their reading and comprehension skills.

enjoyed books as a little girl as well. A magazine subscription to National geographic for kids if she likes animals. Discovery girls another magazine geared towards girls 8+ An art set. A charm bracelet so she can collect charms every year. A christmas ornament for when she gets her own tree. A gc to a type of class she might want to do (pottery etc.) A craft box with all the ingredients for a new hobby she might want to try. (dollhouse making,knitting,oragami,painting,beadmaking,soap,c andles