Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Lighted Decorations

Thanksgiving Lighted Decorations

My passion is lighting, so for all the holidays even Thanksgiving I go all out with the decor and really emphasize on the outdoor Lighting. Turkeys and Autumn leaves to name a few.

What do you use to decorate for Thanksgiving?

Thumbs up

Well we really dont do light decorations but this year my dad and mom got those icicle lights and my dad put them up the other day so we have those. I bet your yard looks really nice you should post some pics... if you can would love to see it.
    Merry Christmas Charlie Brown! May all your days feel as christmas!!!

:tree:

I decorate my outside as well as i love lights and trees are pretty with their lights as well.It's a fun time here as i decorate everything even my pugs have their cute christmas clothes with bows and bells.

I only put up lights for Christmas, but I do decorate for all holidays. In September, I decorate with general fall things - fall flowers, scarecrows, leaf garlands, etc. In early October I add the Halloween items. The day after Halloween, I take down the Halloween items, leave the fall items up, but add the Thanksgiving items (turkey and pilgrim figurines). The weekend after Thanksgiving, I take down everything and start putting up Christmas items which takes up to a week to do. A few days before new years, I add a couple of Happy New Years items. Christmas stuff generally starts to come down the weekend after New Years. Happy New Year items stay up a couple weeks until the valentine's day and birthday items go up (both my daughters were February babies). It seems to be constant!

Oh this reminds me. I need to set up my fall decorations in the next week or so. I will need family cooperation this year. Some one will need to go down to the basement to find that box of stuff! I should be able to get most of it up myself!

I don't have any decorations for Thanksgiving specifically; just general fall decor. I also have orange lights but I guess that's more for Halloween. This year won't be the same without my cat who had to leave me and thankfully is no longer suffering from cancer:(

Holiday Single Girl - a blog for singles who love Christmas
    http://holidaysinglegirl.blogspot.com

Toward late November I start getting the Christmas Decorations out. If we are hosting dinner I start getting the Christmas Decs out for Thanksgiving.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySingleGirl View Post
    I don't have any decorations for Thanksgiving specifically; just general fall decor. I also have orange lights but I guess that's more for Halloween. This year won't be the same without my cat who had to leave me and thankfully is no longer suffering from cancer:(
    How sad, I know what you mean. We lost our dear cat, Moustique, last february, from cancer. (The avatar I use on this forum is his photo)
    We had to take him to the vet the 24th of december 2009, and we struggled almost three months to try to cure him, but he went away, how sad we are since then. We have another cat, and a dog, but it won't be the same this christmas without him. He was our beloved cat for 13 wonderfull years
    Merry Christmas and happy New Year from France

Well the Thanksgiving decorations will go up tomorrow! No lights except those on my small Thanksgiving village! Love my little pilgrim decors!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I would like to have more Thanksgiving decorations. We have a few inside things like Pilgrim statues, candles, turkey statues, autumn flower bouquets.