Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will you get your S/O for xmas?

What will you get your S/O for xmas?

Its that time of year again when we all have to think about throwing down big bucks on our significant other's for christmas presents.
    what route are you taking this year?
    practical?
    romantic?
    thoughtful?

i'll probably do what i do every year, buy him some shirts from the store i work at. there are tons of band shirts, and he's really into rock and roll so its usually pretty easy for me. heres the link if anyone else knows someone like that: http://www.rockworldeast.com

i'll probably get him a few. maybe bake him some goodies or something. i've learned guys love baked stuff, so it's all good.

what about you guys?
    good site to order from for the rocker in your family! http://www.rockworldeast.com

I got him some old-school Nintendo pj pants, mainly, and quite a few other little things, like... stocking stuffers and other small, somewhat useless things. I found some gatorade powder singles, for example, so I bought some of those for him.

Eh, I put weird things under the tree anyway.

Buying stuff for my girlfriend is always a pain in the ass for me. I never know what to get her so I normally delegate it out. I'll give my sister like 100 bucks to buy something for my girl and give my girl a 100 bucks to buy something for my sister .. then if I am feeling really bold I'll send them both out to pick out a gift for my mother .. man Christmas shopping is hard work! lol

Oddly enough last year they both bought the same thing for each other, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Perfume. But they both bought it cause THEY liked it and thought it would make a good gift for the other.

I don't know what I am gonna get my girlfriend this year, those perfumes go in and out of style so who knows. I am sure my sister will pick out something nice for her (and vice versa)
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I am getting my wife the perfect brownie baking pan. She has wanted that thing for months!!
    Need the perfect Christmas present? I know of something that is just perfect! It is affordable (under $15), personable and everyone will love it. Want to know what it is? Shoot me PM and I will let you know!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwig View Post
    Buying stuff for my girlfriend is always a pain in the ass for me. I never know what to get her so I normally delegate it out. I'll give my sister like 100 bucks to buy something for my girl and give my girl a 100 bucks to buy something for my sister .. then if I am feeling really bold I'll send them both out to pick out a gift for my mother .. man Christmas shopping is hard work! lol
    thats pretty clever! does each know they are doing that for the other, i'm curious?
    good site to order from for the rocker in your family! http://www.rockworldeast.com

Quote Originally Posted by noelle_loves_xmas View Post
    thats pretty clever! does each know they are doing that for the other, i'm curious?
    Well, what they don't know doesn't hurt them. My sister has caught on about my trickery but she keeps the secret. The past couple year my sister had thanked my Girlfriend directly for "MY" Christmas gift to her. But my girlfriend still thinks that I pick out her gifts.

Actually a funny story, a couple years ago when me and my girl were first dating I asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she told me a couple Yankee Candles. So I am home later on looking online for Yankee Candles and I go to my sister, "Hey, where do you think I can find a candle with the Yankees (baseball team) logo on it?" She just kinda went, "No you idiot its a kind of candle!"

I mean come on! I'm a guy and know nothing about candles .. I also live in the New York area .. and my girlfriend is a Yankees fan--- its not like I was making that far of a leap with my thinking! lol.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I got him video games that I know he wants so that's sorted out!

It's so hard finding something for him. I had a present all thought out, but now his plans have been postphoned so the gift is no longer that relevant at this point. I have to think of something else.

I will probably buy him a few smaller things. Last year I gave him a xbox360, but that is actually far above the budget we normally spend on eachother. We had a crappy 2008, so I thought it would be nice to spoil him a little extra.

I have to think of something good, because he is great in picking things out for me. He gives the best gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue07 View Post
    is it that new call of duty game? my boyfriend hasn't shut up about it yet!

rislismiat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue07 View Post
    I accept with you, video game is interesting..