Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you buy decorations?

I add to my collection of decorating items buying new when I see something I really like and it's a good price and buying at the Goodwill store.
    I also change some of my tree decorations when I change my colors for my trees. I do this by adding ribbon or something that goes with my color theme.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I use the same ones every year, but I also but new ones every year. When it comes to Christmas decorations, I'm a terrible impulse buyer. I just gave a realy great decoration to my neighbor for his door. It's a Teddy bear with a Santa hat. I've had it sitting in a bag for years. He loved it. I figured somebody should get some use out of it. I bought it for my door, but every year I hang a snowman on my door, and I know If I changed it, everybody would be saying "What happened to the snowman?"

I already have more tree decorations than the tree can hold, so not everything gets put on every year. I need a bigger place so I can put up a second tree.

i use the same decorations but always buy new decorations each year, every year i let my kids pick a new ornament for the tree, this year we have picked personalised christmas bells to hang on the tree

I usually use my old ornaments except for the tree in the living room. Last year I did the tree in the family room with new ornaments and didn't seem the same.

I always buy a few each year to add to my collection and not all can fit on the tree so some get left in the tote.

I basically use the same ones every year. I didn't ever do that until I was introduced to Led lights. They last soooo much longer and I don't have to get a second job to pay my electric bill. You can barely tell that there is a house under all my lights!! They make different shapes and sizes.

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/le...mas-lights.htm

:tree:

I have one tree for which I have a gold theme. I wish I could change it up but that would mean buying all new decorations and ornaments. Typically, I'll add to the collection by buying 1-2 new pieces a year if I see something I really like.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

:santa:

we use the same ones every year but i do add new ones to keep up with the latest stlyes. or if there is some where in the house that looks a bit bare ill try get something for it.

I use most of the same ones every year, the ones I don't, I give to my daughter-in-law. I always add an outdoor lighted decoration each year.

Lighting-So-Exciting
    http://www.lighting-so-exciting.com

I used to hand sew a lot of them. I collected Matyo ornaments over the years; I seriously wish I had a couple of dozen more. I also buy some ornaments each year depending on my theme for that year. But I always use mostly ones from previous years.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I like to make and buy, I do a different theme every year so I make a lot to try and cut down costs, my theme this year is candyland and it's not very easy to find candy ornaments that aren't the same here in Canada so I really have no choice!