Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tree Theme

Tree Theme

Well it's coming up on that time again: Christmas

:D

I love this time of year, not only is Halloween and Thanksgiving coming but Christmas is right on its heels.

So I started thinking this weekend about my theme for the living room tree. (I change it each year) There's only 5 weeks left before I start to put up my tree... which means in two weeks I need to start getting my new decorations for the season.

I was thinking white, silver and blue this year with lots of ice cycles. Very ethereal.

What do you all have planned?

ahh it's so depressing in January, but this time of year is the best! :D And there is nothing like the feeling of looking forward to setting everything up. It wouldn't be that way if we left everything up all year

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

We don't usually have a theme. I just really enjoy getting otu the same decorations year after year.

we have no theme as such but for many years its been a frosted look with

lots of clear shimmering glass on...

I have never done a theme. I just put on anything I think looks pretty. but, the colors you are thinking of sound really pretty.
    Last edited by steph535; 10-12-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Every few years or so I do a different theme. When my daughter got married, it was Wedding Bells..I did everything in white roses with hearts and keys. For the past few years, I've been doing a venetian theme with jesters, because we went to Italy and I fell in love with Venice. So, this year I'm doing the same jester theme, and the tree in the family room will have baby jesters and fun ornaments for my grandchildren. We'll see how it comes out! The master bedroom is done alittle differently, all in white (with some jesters thrown in). We are still trying to decide what to do with the outside decorations. I'm setting up the first two trees this week, and can't wait!
    Last edited by Ellie; 10-13-2009 at 01:59 AM.

We dont have a new theme each year , although we do get a new tree every few years

When i was born we had a green one i was told
    Then we had a gold one with stars on it for Years
    Now we have another green one (But I think we need a new one this year)

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by Home alone 2 View Post
    We dont have a new theme each year , although we do get a new tree every few years

When i was born we had a green one i was told
    Then we had a gold one with stars on it for Years
    Now we have another green one (But I think we need a new one this year)
    Well, I forgot to you friend!!!

I hope you really like the place and have fun!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I am using a white pre lit this year with clear and red ornaments on it. my mom gave me some older ornaments to use also this year. I am hoping to put my tree up before I go into surgery. !
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Well, I forgot to you friend!!!

I hope you really like the place and have fun!!
    Thanks , It looks great .

Several years ago, Dad did a tree with sliver and blue balls and blue lights and it was absolutely, gorgeous! I loved it and did it one year, for my own tree. The last several years, I've kind of gone back to my traditional roots and I do multi-colored lights and the decorations on the tree that I love...either for being older or for just appealing to me.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!