Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tree Theme

I do more than one tree and I do them all differently each year. The main tree in the living room, I'm thinking of doing just a red and blue ornament theme with clear lights. I've never done a red and blue tree. Sometimes I end up adding a 3rd color and if I do it might be white. I might buy some blue lights to add to my prelit tree with clear lights. Last year I did the copper and brown colored ornaments and I really liked it.

The tree in the basement might get mulit colored lights with gold and silver ornaments, not sure about the 3rd color. I will see when I get out my decorations. Sometimes my plans change.

Glad I am not the only one who starts early putting up trees. my family and friends think im nuts. last yr i started the week before halloween. I have a 4 ft tree with all misfit characters on it and last year I did an all real candy tree. The kids eyes lite up when they seen it. I also have my big tree that is just full of fun decorations. I am trying to think of a new theme this yr.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Wow I can't imagine getting all new ornaments every year. My tree is all European blown glass style ornanments (Radko style, but no Radko ornaments), with some other old fashioned looking decorations as well. I never really thought of it as a theme, but I guess it's pretty old fashioned.
    I do have a miniture tree that I decorate sometimes. I decorate that with Rudolph characters or Simpsons characters. I haven't really cared much for the Simpsons in recent years, so Rudolph has been getting the tree space.

i usually do my main tree in traditional colours, green tree with red and gold decorations with white lights, my daughter has a pink theme and my son has a disney theme tree,

I usually do a theme tree in the living room but don't change it out every year as it is costly and I would have to store more stuff. I have been using orange and teal with some copper in there.

Last year I had a new tree for the family room and bought jewel tone ornaments for it. It came out nice but I did miss using all my old ornaments that I have collected forever so may do my memory tree again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyice View Post
    Well it's coming up on that time again: Christmas

:D

I love this time of year, not only is Halloween and Thanksgiving coming but Christmas is right on its heels.

Theme ornaments based on vacation spots are nice. If you've been to Europe, there are landmark ornaments available, such as the Eiffel Tower and the Kremlin. Really nice.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

i was looking at oriental trading.com and thought i might buy christmas picture frames and make a family christmas tree this yr. I mean all my family from sisters and brothers there families and my inlaws, since i have a big family christmas party i thought it would be nice if everyone is on the tree. the site has all different kinds of frames. will post pics if i decide to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by drewsmom0430 View Post
    i was looking at oriental trading.com and thought i might buy christmas picture frames and make a family christmas tree this yr. I mean all my family from sisters and brothers there families and my inlaws, since i have a big family christmas party i thought it would be nice if everyone is on the tree. the site has all different kinds of frames. will post pics if i decide to do it.
    that sounds neat. let me know how it goes.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I'm going to use whatever looks good with my Matyo ornaments. Most likely my mouse that I made years and years ago will be there:

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by drewsmom0430 View Post
    Very cool!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."