Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tree Theme

Hybrid View

Tree Theme

Well it's coming up on that time again: Christmas

:D

I love this time of year, not only is Halloween and Thanksgiving coming but Christmas is right on its heels.

So I started thinking this weekend about my theme for the living room tree. (I change it each year) There's only 5 weeks left before I start to put up my tree... which means in two weeks I need to start getting my new decorations for the season.

I was thinking white, silver and blue this year with lots of ice cycles. Very ethereal.

What do you all have planned?

ahh it's so depressing in January, but this time of year is the best! :D And there is nothing like the feeling of looking forward to setting everything up. It wouldn't be that way if we left everything up all year

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

We don't usually have a theme. I just really enjoy getting otu the same decorations year after year.

we have no theme as such but for many years its been a frosted look with

lots of clear shimmering glass on...

I have never done a theme. I just put on anything I think looks pretty. but, the colors you are thinking of sound really pretty.
    Last edited by steph535; 10-12-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Every few years or so I do a different theme. When my daughter got married, it was Wedding Bells..I did everything in white roses with hearts and keys. For the past few years, I've been doing a venetian theme with jesters, because we went to Italy and I fell in love with Venice. So, this year I'm doing the same jester theme, and the tree in the family room will have baby jesters and fun ornaments for my grandchildren. We'll see how it comes out! The master bedroom is done alittle differently, all in white (with some jesters thrown in). We are still trying to decide what to do with the outside decorations. I'm setting up the first two trees this week, and can't wait!
    Last edited by Ellie; 10-13-2009 at 01:59 AM.

We dont have a new theme each year , although we do get a new tree every few years

When i was born we had a green one i was told
    Then we had a gold one with stars on it for Years
    Now we have another green one (But I think we need a new one this year)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Every few years or so I do a different theme. When my daughter got married, it was Wedding Bells..I did everything in white roses with hearts and keys. For the past few years, I've been doing a venetian theme with jesters, because we went to Italy and I fell in love with Venice.
    I love Venice, too!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    we have no theme as such but for many years its been a frosted look with

lots of clear shimmering glass on...
    Pretty! I've never done that.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by ladyice View Post
    Well it's coming up on that time again: Christmas

:D

I love this time of year, not only is Halloween and Thanksgiving coming but Christmas is right on its heels.

Theme ornaments based on vacation spots are nice. If you've been to Europe, there are landmark ornaments available, such as the Eiffel Tower and the Kremlin. Really nice.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

i was looking at oriental trading.com and thought i might buy christmas picture frames and make a family christmas tree this yr. I mean all my family from sisters and brothers there families and my inlaws, since i have a big family christmas party i thought it would be nice if everyone is on the tree. the site has all different kinds of frames. will post pics if i decide to do it.