Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Thanksgiving food!

:gingerbread:

Soup (pea soup that is creamy and delicious), stuffing, stuffed mushrooms, and sweet potatoes. Mmmm, I'm getting hungry.

Holiday Single Girl - a blog for singles who love Christmas
    http://holidaysinglegirl.blogspot.com

clarice Guest
    I'll put it this way...I'll eat most of what's fixed. Turkey, stuffing with gravy, candied sweet potatoes, macaroni & cheese (it's just about the only time my mom makes homemade rather than the box. I used to hate it, but now I love it!), broccoli with cheese sauce, celery sticks with peanut butter on them. And for dessert, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving if there was no pumpkin pie. Of course, I love pecan pie, too, but no one else in my family does. I think I'm just gonna have to make myself a pie this year.

I just plnned my Thanksgiving menu with a few diatary tweeks! Three of eight people attending are diabetic!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Never made deviled eggs for Thanksgiving. I think this year may be the first.

I never heard that deviled eggs were a Thanksgiving tradition until I saw it postesd here last year!

My girlfriend's mother makes this Pumpkin Soup -- it sounds kind of strange but believe me, its awesome! Apparently its a real pain in the rear-end to make so she only does it for Thanksgiving (no matter how often I request it-- which is often)
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I never heard that deviled eggs were a Thanksgiving tradition until I saw it postesd here last year!
    My Brother in Law, the first Holiday I knew him, brought Deviled Eggs. I remember thinking, oh this is strange I have never had them before. They were good but I figured Deviled Eggs was his families holiday staple -- turns out he just really likes deviled eggs and makes them for just about every function.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I enjoy deviled eggs myself, but they seem like a 4th of July BBQ thing!

I've spent alotm of time the last few days making food shopping and to-do lists for Thanksgiving! I really like to be organized, but I also enjoy the planning process!

We always have about the same menu every year but I think my favorite is broccoli and rice casserole. Yummy! I also like sweet potato casserole. I usually host Thanksgiving but my sisters all help bring stuff. We were laughing while we were planning this year because we have so many casseroles. And yes, my sister is bring deviled eggs!