Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Thanksgiving food!

Sounds great! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    As promised, here is my recipe for Scallopped Corn:

1 beaten egg
    1 cup milk
    1 cup coaresly crushed saltine crackers (about 22)
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    dash pepper
    1 17 ounce can cream style corn
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    3 Tablespoons chopped pimento
    1 Tablespoon butter, melted

Combine egg, milk, 2/3 cup of the cracker crumbs, salt and pepper. Stir in corn, onion, and pimento - mix well. Turn into 1quart casserole. Toss melted butter with the remaining cracker crumbs, sprinkle atop corn mixture. Bake at 350F for 65 to 70 minutes. Makes 6 servings.

I usually double the recipe for Thanksgiving! DELICIOUS!
    Rebecca
    Count your blessings...My daughter and grandson are mine

Parmesan-Butternut Squash Gratin

1 butternut squash (2 1/2 lb)
    1/4 cup butter or margarine
    2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1/4 cup ProgressoŽ panko bread crumbs
    1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

step 1
    Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Peel, halve lengthwise and seed squash; cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange with slices overlapping slightly in bottom of baking dish.

step2
    In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is soft and butter is infused with garlic flavor. Do not let butter brown.

step3

In small bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and 1 tablespoon of the butter-garlic mixture.
    step 4

Brush squash slices with remaining butter-gar lic mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and bread crumb mixture.
    step5

Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with fork. Increase oven temperature to 425°F; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Before serving, sprinkle parsley over top.
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Stuffing, stuffing, stuffing!

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy.

Farm Journal's Frosted Cranberry Salad(apples, crushed pineapple, walnuts and whole berry cranberry sauce plus Jell-o, Miracle Whip, cream cheese and whipped cream).
    http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?d...ewsid=18997285

Homemade Pumpkin Pie with Reddi Whip!

my family love this
    Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

n this
    Fettuccine Primavera

Four-Cheese Fettuccine

and this this is easy 4 the grand parents to eat also
    Creamy Corn and Garlic Risotto

Risotto (Gluten Free)

Spicy Parmesan Meatballs with Angel Hair Pasta

this iam thinking of not sure yet
    20-Minute Thai Peanut Chicken

Pepperoni Breadsticks

And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Quote Originally Posted by noelglori View Post
    I also love the smell of Thanksgiving foods cooking.
    Mmmm...me, too! We have to make a smaller turkey the night before, because we need the juices for all the extra gravy we need. I love the night before Thanksgiving with the cooking smells and the anticipation!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySingleGirl View Post
    Soup (pea soup that is creamy and delicious), stuffing, stuffed mushrooms, and sweet potatoes. Mmmm, I'm getting hungry.
    No kidding! I've already eaten once while reading this thread!

That's funny- I've never heard of anyone having soup on Thanksgiving, but I do think of soup as a great fall meal.

And I've never heard of the deviled eggs either- I associate them with Easter or summer. I thought maybe the people that had them were down south in the warmer weather, but I see NY likes them, too.

I had to look up a few of the menu items because I didn't know what they were- oyster dressing, cinnamon red hot apples, scalloped corn...

My favorite food on Thanksgiving is stuffing, gravy and mashed potatoes. For desert pumpkin pie. All of them homemade. I feel all warm inside. lol
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Yeah, I also don't understand the deviled eggs. Seems so ordinary to me!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Yeah, I also don't understand the deviled eggs. Seems so ordinary to me!
    Deviled eggs disappear really fast in my family! And I'm as guilty as the next person. Scalloped corn is one of my favorites, too! I make it minus the onion and pimiento.
    Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 11-10-2015 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    Deviled eggs disappear really fast in my family! And I'm as guilty as the next person. Scalloped corn is one of my favorites, too! I make it minus the onion and pimiento.
    Love, Love Love the scallopped corn- with the onion and pimento! No one in my family will eat a deviled egg - except me! Ive been thinking of how to scale back my Thanksgiving dinner - as there will be only 5 of us this year! Smaller turkey, fewer rolls, less mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and yams. Same amount of scallopped corn and veggies. I'm so not used to this!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I love my turkey and stuffing and my cranberry sauce also love the deviled eggs,and i love the broccoli with cheese.Also love my sweet potato's and white potato's and those warm homemade biscuits with melted butter of course i love all the desserts to lol.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbell1 View Post
    I love my turkey and stuffing and my cranberry sauce also love the deviled eggs,and i love the broccoli with cheese.Also love my sweet potato's and white potato's and those warm homemade biscuits with melted butter of course i love all the desserts to lol.
    lol It's a really great meal.

Though, as timing would have it, I woke up not feeling well and my taste buds were off- I couldn't really taste anything! Such a tragedy.