Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage Christmas Decorations

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    My sister and I will be fighting over my parents' ornaments when they pass. They have a TON of ornaments from the '40's and '50's.

We have a number of vintage ornaments passed down from my mother and mother-in-law! I have a lttle pinecone bird ornament painted light blue with sequin eyes that my Mom bought me when I was 6 or 7 - 47 years ago! Its always the first to go on the tree!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I have a couple of plastic hanging ornaments that were used when we were children, not sure whether they're 60's or 70's but i grabbed them quickly when they were no longer used by Mum and Dad!

One's a pixie sitting on a holly ball and the other's a snowman (who's lost all his glitter) standing in a kind of cage type thing!

I love those little pixie elf ornaments that were so popular in the 1960's. About 10 or so years ago, I saw some new ones, so I picked a few up!

I see lots of vintage ornaments on yard sales, just imagine whats boxed away in basements all over....just waiting to be used again

Oh yes. Tons of them are hidden away. I would love to do a tree with all vintage ornaments!

:santa:

I love vintage ornaments as they are a part of our family christmas history a little piece of family.
    Attached Images Attached Images