Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: your xmas present budget?

your xmas present budget?

how much you think to spend per person, for xmas present?
    Stylish-jewellery.co.uk

Unique jewellery at affordable prices. Great Xmas present ideas!

For me it depends on the person and how much I have to spend. Usually I usually buy for:
    - My boyfriend: €50 - €100(=$70 - $145)
    - Our dog: €5-€10(=$7 - $15)
    - My parents, brother and sister: €10-€15 p.p.(=$15 - $20)

However there are years in which I find it very hard to stay within that budget. If I see something really nice and it costs more I usually buy it anyway.

What is a Christmas budget???? I wish i really knew, cuz every year i spend way to much money then i had planned on lol. I do know what it is just being a little sarcastic lol
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

I'm like you, ikey2, I don't have a budget. Yes, I should, but I do layaways and try and pick up things through the year, so that helps.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

hmmmm, i spend far to much every year, i usually plan on spending around £300 on each of my children and i have 2 and £300 boyfriend, but last year i ended spending £600 on each of my kids and £500 for my bf, so i went well over budget .

LOL....I like your style, Kimmy. While I don't really stick to a budget, I try and make things equal with everyone.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

I don't really budget either. At all. I pretty much just start buying stuff early in the year with a bit of the extra money we've got; I'll take a few dollars here and there and buy a present for someone, stick it in my stash, and forget how much I spent!

I dont have a budget either I just buy stuff as I go along and spread it out

from about October onwards..

:gift:

Budget? Bah!! Never works...

Always buy more just because its Christmas season and Im happy...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Usually I spend about $1200, but as this year is the first since I split from my husband I'm bugeting for half of that. The hard part will be to not go over board shopping for my son - I want Christmas morning to be as normal as possible for him, but it'll be hard to not over compensate.