Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I have a secret :)

I have a secret :)

My stepdaughter gets so many presents for Christmas from her gma and aunt (and the rest of the family!) that I confiscate like, half of her presents.

And some of those get wrapped again the following year for a second trip under the tree.

And she has nooooo idea.

but,don't they ask her how she likes whatever they sent her? Or don't they wonder why she doesn't thank them for the particular items that they sent that you held back for the next year?

my $0.02

Is this a secret from everyone? Or, just your step daughter?

Seems like it could get awkward if none of the Aunts and Grandmas know your secret.

On the upside, fewer gifts could help her better appreciate what she does get.

:santa: hahaha

you are my kinda person !!! thats just brilliant.

Thats awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    but,don't they ask her how she likes whatever they sent her? Or don't they wonder why she doesn't thank them for the particular items that they sent that you held back for the next year?
    No, they actually don't ask her at all, and they don't expect her to thank them--and it never occurs to her, either. The gifts are pretty shallow, they're VERY numerous, and she doesn't appreciate a whole lot of the gifts anyway. So why not recycle? I remember two years ago my first Christmas with her; she just literally tore through the paper--didn't bother to even look at what she had just been given. She just went from one gift to the next and then when they were all opened, she took a nap.

I think this is pretty smart. It makes her appreciate what she does get more I think/hope.

A whole new way of going Green...lol. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle their presents...lol. Plus saves your own money

:santa:

the more i think about it the more i reckon thats what my parents wud have done. either recycle them or give the excess to charity.
    we were allways made call our relations christmas day and thank them . it kinda hit it home to you in a nice way that people took time to choose something that they thought you might like..

nice idea,