Thread: Need help guys..

Need help guys..

What can I get my grandfather for Christmas? It's only September, but I've normally started by now and I dont have a clue what I'm going to get him.

Aside from the usual sleeveless shirts, novelty gifts, alcohol I get him every year, I want to get him something different this year but not sure what.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Edwards View Post
    What can I get my grandfather for Christmas? It's only September, but I've normally started by now and I dont have a clue what I'm going to get him.

Aside from the usual sleeveless shirts, novelty gifts, alcohol I get him every year, I want to get him something different this year but not sure what.

Any suggestions?
    Well, you kind of have to know what he does for fun. Does he read, golf, play cribbage, garden, ride a motorcycle or horse? Need gloves? Listen to a particular kind of music?

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Catherine Guest

How about?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Edwards View Post

Any suggestions?
    Hey! I‘m very glad to give you some suggestions. How aboout send a digital video glasses to your grandpa?It has a pretty advanced feature set to go along with its stylish look. You can watch video with your private color screen.

Last year, for something different and in addition to other gifts, we made up my youngest brother a gift basket. We put tons of hot sauces and such, as he loves that stuff and is always trying to find new things. We got him habanero ketchup, hot sauces, marinades, etc. he LOVED it. He went home Christmas night and put all the items in his special cabinet for his hot sauces and sent me photos. We're doing the same, this year, but expanding to hot cheeses, food as well as a favorite bottle of wine.

Gift baskets that you can personalize yourself, seem to be well received by most people. Anything they enjoy that might not always have the extra money to buy, is a great idea. Special snacks, DVDs, magazines, etc.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

I know my Grandad liked to get tools - he was really into woodworking. Maybe you could get him something that would be a nice addition to his shop, or garage (assuming he's that style of G'dad)?

Excellent! Thanks for the links, Smokyturtle!
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

Consider retro reproductions like radios, toys, etc. It will take him back to his childhood. What could be a better gift than that?

Make a basket full of leisure and snacks...assorted nuts, or whatever his favorite snack is, puzzle books, gag gift, if he like sports maybe add a gift card to his favorite sports store. Homemade treats. Movie night...like popcorn, movie, theater snacks and candies, gift card to movies? Slippers, Snuggie. Does he collect something?